chapter 15

"Guys!" Cora said with a grin the next morning. Everyone was in a rush- a lot of the people from the party forgot they were going to be going home the next day so the Hogwarts Express would be leaving an hour late.

Brooklyn tried so hard to forget about her kiss with Sirius and she was thankful the girls had been distracting her from it- although they didn't know it.

Brooklyn was doing her essay for Charms and looked up to see Cora and Cynthia holding hands with a grin.

"We're both coming out this weekend!" they squealed.

Montana and Brooklyn grinned.

"We're so excited!" Brooklyn said.

"Wish us luck!" Cynthia said and crossed her fingers with her free hand.

"Bitch- you don't need luck. You two got this," Montana said with a thumbs up.

"She's right, you know," Brooklyn said with a grin.

***

"Brookie - come sit with us," Logan said to Brooklyn and she froze.

"I promised the girls I would sit with them," she said to her brother and avoided Sirius who was looking at her.

They were boarding the Hogwarts Express and Brooklyn hadn't thought she would be invited to sit with her brothers and their best friends.

"Aw," Chris pouted.

"Stop being so clingy and leave," Brooklyn said.

It was highly unusual for them to be so kind and inviting to her.

Cora led the girls to an empty compartment and a few seconds later, Lily joined them with a grin on her face.

"Lighten up!" she said to Brooklyn who was looking dull. She hadn't been getting sleep for about a week now and barely paid attention during class.

"It's the holidays! Make some noise!" she said and unleashed some sparks from something she got at Zonko's.

Brooklyn plastered on a fake smile while Cora flipped off a group of Gryffindors for making fun of her new hairstyle- she cut it short and dyed it pink, purple, and blue recently. It was Cynthia's idea and Cora loved it- and Montana did it on her.

"Hey- let me get in on that," Montana said and the pair of them shouted insults at the students who were insulting Cora's amazing hair.

"They're just jealous you can't work it," Lily said to a satisfied Cora- they had won the argument

"Period,"

***

The train ride didn't feel long to Brooklyn- the girls joked around and Brooklyn slept for 30 minutes on Cynthia's shoulder who read the whole time.

A few Slytherins caught Cora and Cynthia sharing a kiss and made fun of them but Montana- and even Brooklyn who was fuming with anger- chased them off with a mouthful of insults and words Brooklyn thought she would never say.

"That ought to teach them," Montana said clapping her hands. She had just Hexed another Slytherin for laughing at Cora's hair.

"I'll do it again once we're back," Cora smirked and she and Cynthia waved goodbye to Brooklyn and Montana before they left.

"I hope everything goes well with them," Montana murmured and Brooklyn nodded.

"Look- there's Lily-" Brooklyn said spotting Lily. Lily went to go visit James and the boys during the journey back.