chapter 7

I made a part 2 of the party because I'm the author and I can so...

***

"Ok, it's been about 10 minutes since they left," Remus said. He looked at them.

"Montana... Chris... & Logan," he murmured. "The 4 of us will go now and you two can come after 10 minutes," he added to Brooklyn and Sirius.

Seriously?

"Ok," Sirius said and Brooklyn nodded.

They watched the 4 of them leave and Brooklyn shivered. It was getting cold and her dress sleeves were really thin.

"Here- we'll be waiting for 10 long minutes," Sirius said and wrapped his jacket around her.

"Why did you bring a leather jacket when your wearing dre-" he shushed her by placing his finger on her lips. His finger trailed down her neck but she ignored the chills she got. It wasn't from the cold, that's for sure.

"Did you hear something?" she whispered gazing into his eyes.

"No- I just don't like getting insulted by a Ravenclaw," he scoffed and Brooklyn rolled her eyes.

"Even if what she's saying is true?" she replied.

He gave her an amused look and chuckled.

"What?" Brooklyn asked.

"Your hair," he chuckled and leaned closer. She felt his left-hand travel to her waist as his right hand flew up to her hair.

"Sirius!" she cried as he yanked out the ponytail holder that was holding her hair up. Her hair bounced down and he started ruffling it.

"I like you better with your hair down," he murmured while twisting a piece. He wrapped the ponytail holder around his wrist so Brooklyn couldn't steal it back.

"I hate my hair down," she grumbled as her wavy, silky hair bounced up and down as she shook her head, annoyed.

"I don't care- now put on a happy face. It's our turn to go," he said and she stood up next to him.

He wrapped his hand around her waist and she looked up at him.

"We- er- we have to act like a couple," he murmured and as they walked, he brushed a few strands of hair that were bothering Brooklyn out of the way.

"James never said anything about that," she frowned.

"Fuck what he said- he was saying so many things," Sirius nervously chuckled and his grip around her waist tensed.

"Names?" the guard asked and Brooklyn froze.

Names? I wish I knew, sir.

"Astoria Sings and William John Smith," Sirius said and the guard nodded.

"Come in and enjoy your stay," he mumbled, obviously not happy with his job.

"How did you-" Brooklyn started once they were in the pub, out of earshot.

"You don't need to worry when you're with me- I mean us," he rambled and pointed his head to the gang who were laughing at something Montana said.

"I wish you introduced us earlier- she's a hoot," James said and pointed at Montana.

"What did you drink...?" Brooklyn asked, worried for him. He never said things like "hoot" and had fights with Montana every now and then.

"Just some butterbeer- so far," James winked.