Chapter 7: Shopping Trip...Round Two

I walked out of the bedroom. The medium jeans seemed to fit good, and he was right, the small shirt fit, but was still a little baggy. There was socks, and undergarments in there as well, which was surprisingly nice. He looked up as soon as I walked into the room.

"They look nice," Thomas said, smiling at me. I nodded. 

"Thank you, again," I said. He got up and nodded.

"I have one more thing to give you," Thomas says. I look at him as he pulls out another bag from the same store.

"I saw these, and I thought you might like them," Thomas said. He handed me the bag. I opened it. There was a pair of fuzzy pajama pants inside. I looked up at him. There was a big smile on his face. I smiled too. I also hugged him, as tight as I could. He held me tight against his chest. I had almost forgot about the two men that followed me here.  

"Go put them on, cutie," Thomas said. I nodded and walked back into the guest room. Which, I guess, was now my room.

"Thomas," I said.

"Yes?" Thomas replied. 

"Can we go out tomorrow for breakfast?" I asked. Thomas looked surprised.

"Aren't you worried about today? Or being seen?" Thomas asked. I shook my head.

"Not anymore. Not now that I have my Thomas," I said. I walked into my room and just about closed the door when Thomas stopped me. He grabbed my hand and locked eyes with me. It startled me at first. His facial expression wasn't a big, huge smile. But it wasn't sad. It was hard to read. 

"I'm your Thomas?" He said. I nodded slowly. He looked down. 

"Is that okay?" I asked, my voice shaking a little bit.

"As long as you're my Madi," Thomas said. I nodded, a smile forming on my face. Thomas smiled back. 

"I'll be out in a second," I say. He nods and slowly closes the door. His footsteps leading back towards the living room. I tried on the pants, and they fit, which made my heart feel warm. I opened the door and walked out of my room. 

"You want to rest on the couch? Maybe watch a film?" Thomas asked. I nodded. I sat down on the couch, curled my legs up underneath me in the corner of the couch. Thomas sat down next to me and put his arm around me. I snuggled into him as he searched for shows. The air conditioner turned on and a blast of cold air filled the room. I shivered. The short sleeved v-neck was warm, until now. Thomas felt my shaking body and got up. He walked down the hallway into his room and came out a minute or so later. 

"Here Madi," Thomas said, handing me a gray sweatshirt. It was plain. No hood. No writing on it. I slipped it on over my head. It smelled like Thomas, which made me feel comforted. Thomas sat down again and I snuggled into him, again. It wasn't long before my eyelids felt drowsy. The chorus of yawns and 'No I'm not tired,' rang out. But the tiredness won over. I soon found myself fast asleep.

--------------------

Thomas must have brought me to my room after I fell asleep. I woke up to a bright room under a warm comforter. I looked over at the clock, it was 10:00. I sat up quickly and looked around. I got out of bed slowly and walked out into the hallway. I stretched as i walked, realizing I was still in the sweatshirt Thomas gave me. I smiled at the though. It was too big, but the good kind of too big. It was cute, to me, at least. I made it into the living room and Thomas was sitting on the couch, watching t.v.

"Good morning sunshine," Thomas said. He smiled and motioned for me to come over there. So I did. I gave him a big hug and sat down next to him.

"How'd you sleep?" Thomas asked. I nodded.