Chapter 14: Ice Cream?

"Newt watch out!" Someone shouted on set. I was sitting with Wes watching the final scene of the movie, the Griever battle scene. I was amazed to see Thomas work on set. He was so good at his job, I was very surprised he isn't more famous than he is. I was pretty sure I had a huge smile on my face the entire time. Dylan and Will were amazing, too! I had gotten to know Ki Hong while being on the set, and he was incredible as well. It was overall just an amazing cast. 

"Cut! Dylan, you're about to be stung. Can we get a little more emotion, like oh my god, this thing is going to eat me, so I'm going to shout like a mad man for backup?" Wes shouted. I giggled and Wes shot me a smile. 

"Yes, Wes," Dylan said, mumbling, but I knew he was just playing around.

"And...action!" Wes shouted. The cast continued with their lines, and two hours later, they were done. As soon as the scene was done, everyone ran around like crazy, hugging everybody. The cast and crew gathered in the middle for who knows what. They were just far enough from me that I couldn't hear them anymore. I sat in Thomas's cool Hollywood director chair, watching Thomas with his new friends. I knew he was going to be so sad that this movie was over, but I decided that I would encourage him to stay for the next one. He was a natural, and so amazing at playing Newt. I loved watching him act. Then it hit me. What if...

"Hey, you should go join them," someone said from behind me. I turned to look at who it was, and it was a crew member I'd never seen before.

"Oh, I'm not part of the cast," I said, a little flattered but mostly embarrassed.

"No, but you're part of the family," the crew man said.  I looked at the group and then back at the man. 

"I think they can last without me in their group huddle," I said. He nodded.

"Suit yourself," the man said. He slowly walked backwards until he made it to the door, then he slipped into the shadows. An eerie shiver was sent down my spine, making me wonder if the man was real or not. It wasn't until possibly 10 more minutes that the group finally dispersed. Thomas walked away with Dylan and Ki Hong. Surprisingly, Will walked over towards me.

"Hey," I said, waving a little. He smiled.

"You should've joined us!" Will said. I shook my head.

"It wasn't my place to join," I said, making Will frown.

"What do you have planned tonight with Thomas?" Will asked. I shrugged.

"I have no clue. I didn't see Thomas until the set today. We haven't had much time to talk," I said. Will nodded. I stood up and gave him a hug. He was surprised at first, then hugged back.

"What's this for?" Will said, pulling back. A small smile was on his face.

"Thank you for taking care of my Thomas," I said. Will nodded. We went our separate ways. By that, I mean he left and I sat back down and waited for Thomas. 10, 20, 30 minutes passed. Then, at 45 minutes, the stage lights went out. I was all alone in the big arena. Thomas had left me.

 I walked out of the dark building into the even darker night. I was trying to keep a positive attitude about everything, but that's kinda hard to accomplish when your boyfriend left you all alone in a strange city. I made it out onto the sidewalk on what seemed to be the main road and started walking. There was about 10,000 moments when I was tempted to pull out my phone and call Thomas, but I let it go. I was okay by myself. I was used to it.

I found myself in a little mom-and-pop shop. I walked around the whole store in about 4 minutes, then did it again, and then, again. It finally occurred to the shop owner that I was past looking for something. Now I was just wasting time.