Chapter 6

Second day in London and they were leaving this afternoon. (Y/N) sighed as he looked around his room and made sure he didn't leave anything behind. He wished he could stay longer but time was exclusively limited on his side and he had to go back to finish up whatever projects he had on hold. He shrugged his shoulders to get the muscles to relax before nodding. At the end of the day, he found out that Henry couldn't make it to London despite that he promised Hiro he would. But Hiro couldn't blame him.

It was only two days and besides, he had managed well enough without Henry nosing in. With that, he walked to his bed and grabbed his bag, looking around his room one last time and smiled. Then, he grabbed the room card and made way to the door. With one swipe, the door opened and (Y/N) walked out, shutting off everything in the room and closing the door. The hallway was silent as he took a few steps, walking away from the room.

As he waited for the elevator doors to open, he let his mind swing back to what happened last night. His mind was so easily empty nowadays and his feelings were jagged up. He hated what he was feeling at the moment. Sure, maybe he was getting used to Tadashi's presence but—he wasn't really ready for anything as far as this. Everybody else assumed that their banter and rivalry was to be taken as something more when in reality, it wasn't.

After Valentine's Day, what would happen to him? Tadashi would give up and he would leave. It was the reality speaking and
(Y/N) had learned ever since he was young to never expect anything that was beyond his reach. There was no such thing as hope or faith or anything remotely fantasy-like in where he was living. Tadashi—he was everything that (Y/N) didn't believe in.

As he furrowed his eyebrows, he began to contemplate further to what he thought about this. If—if he really liked (Y/N), Tadashi would've dropped this bet. Would he drop the bet though? Woo him properly? (Y/N) didn't know why his heart constricted at that, realising once again that this was nothing more than a play. A scene from a movie that was waiting for an end.

It would end one day.

What then?

The doors to the elevator opened and he walked in, the doors closing behind him immediately. With that, the elevator music drowned his thoughts away, a heavy feeling settled deep in his chest. Everything that Tadashi did for him in these past few days, it was nice. It was nice to see someone doing something like that for him, (Y/N) couldn't deny. But the fact that there was a hidden motive behind it didn't settle well for him. Was it even sincere?

Shaking his head from the thoughts, he decided he needed to figure out where he stood with this. He denied this, he didn't want this and yet, he let Tadashi carry on. He needed to figure out if he wanted this, if he needed this. If he did, then—then something must be done. He couldn't just stand-by and wait for whatever that was bound to happen.

He would not be a maiden in distress.

Nobody else knew what he was feeling, only he did and he had to make a decision soon.

The elevator doors opened soon and (Y/N) walked out, heading to the reception desk. He returned the card and walked out of the hotel, feeling the cold London breeze caressing his face gently before he spotted Fred's car. Tadashi was already there, laughing at whatever Fred was saying as he leaned against the car. Taking in a huge breath and clearing his mind, he gripped onto his bag tighter and walked towards them.

"Hey, look who finally came out," Fred said with a grin. (Y/N) rolled his eyes before he instructed his friend to open the back of the car. Once he placed his bag inside, he closed the lid and looked at them. Raising his eyebrows, he walked to the backseat and got in. With that everybody else got in and their car ride to the airport started. "Can't believe you guys aren't going to stay longer."

"Well, I wish we could stay longer too," (Y/N) said as he looked outside of the window. Tadashi nodded as the silence settled in between them immediately stretched on.

"So, I'll just drop by one day," Fred said as he broke the silence, realising it was getting a bit awkward. (Y/N) nodded as he looked at Fred and gave him a smile, which was returned with a nod. With that, the silence accompanying them to the ride wasn't so awkward anymore.