Chapter 8

Sooooo here's a little update with me and football boy (that's what I'm calling him): he left me on open twice :) I'm a very understanding person so obviously I made the excuse that he was just tired from work, but my friends told me that he still could've at least answered me. But he and I aren't together so I'm not entitled to a response and I don't really have a right to be upset about the situation. Still doesn't negate the fact that that shit hurt still🙂 still have hope though, my golden birthday is coming up (look it up) so hopefully something right will happen with him.
—————————————————————————

(Y/N) looked at his calendar before sitting against his seat heavily. Huh, Valentine's Day was just around the corner. A cold shudder went down his spine as he sighed. He recalled of the ex-bet he had done with Tadashi.

I'll seduce you and make you fall for me.

(Y/N) bit his bottom lip as his cheek reddened. Well, Tadashi certainly knew how to sound—sexy if he wanted to but he didn't really make (Y/N) 'fall for him' as Tadashi would have liked. Yesterday, he found Tadashi in his aunt's café talking to Cass. He mused at the scene inside of his head, smiling to himself when he recalled how his aunt had grabbed him by the arm once Tadashi left and told him that the man was certainly a great guy.

(Y/N) had to agree with his aunt there. Tadashi was a great guy. He was nice, kind and he usually listened to (Y/N) whenever he could. He was never demanding or pushy. He was just—Tadashi. In a different lifetime, if (Y/N) wasn't contemplating any romantic gestures from him, it would seem that Tadashi would make a great big brother.

Chuckling at that thought, he pushed them away and looked at his tablet which was lying on his desk. Picking it up, he opened his news feed icon and looked through. He saw some articles about Baymax and it made him smile.

Baymax was certainly cute. (Y/N) wanted to see more of Baymax actually. He wanted to just—talk to him and see what else that cute little nursebot could do. Maybe he would soon. (Y/N) thought back to his schedule and realised that he had an interview with a live audience tonight. He really wanted to skip going anywhere tonight though.

Looking through more news feed until he landed on the 'currently trending' topic, his eyes caught onto the word 'Honey' and stopped. His eyes blinked at the headlines of the news before he clicked on it. Reading through the article, his heart stopped beating for just a millisecond before he felt something akin to anger or maybe—something acidic-like making way into his heart.

Honey Lemon's Coming Home?

That was the title and (Y/N) realised that some of the photographers had taken pictures of Honey coming out from the airport with her goofy pink coloured sunglasses on. He read in further of the news and all indication from the article told (Y/N) that she was back for Tadashi.

A sharp feeling stabbed him in the chest before he tossed the tablet on the table and frowned. He had completely forgotten about Honey. Tadashi's girlfriend, (Y/N) reminded himself bitterly. A thought passed through his mind wondering if Tadashi was truly genuine with his feelings for (Y/N).

But after a while, (Y/N) dismissed it. He had enough evidence from Tadashi to know that his feelings for the young genius were indeed genuine. But that didn't eliminate the fact that Tadashi didn't tell him anything about Honey. If she was really his girlfriend, shouldn't Tadashi at least told him about her by now?

Maybe just a slip of the tongue?

But nothing. (Y/N) had completely forgotten about her and Tadashi didn't bring her up.

Of course he wouldn't, his mind chided. He's into you, remember?

He got up from his chair and decided to head outside. He had just returned to his apartment after a morning lecture in SFIT for the robotics major students. Now, after an hour rest, he was ready to head back outside, this time maybe stopping by a bookstore or something. He didn't really have a plan for this afternoon since his night was booked by the interview.

Grabbing his bag and shoving his smartphone and wallet inside, he walked out of his bedroom and headed to the front door. Opening the door after punching in the security code, he walked out to the silent hallway. After he had closed the front door, his attention was immediately grabbed by the door—Tadashi's door—opening.

What he didn't expect was some girl walking out from there.

(Y/N) froze where he stood as he stared at the girl. The girl was humming to a song as she closed the door and adjusted her sunglasses on her face. She turned around and immediately stopped humming when she spotted (Y/N). The young genius continued on staring at her until she pushed her sunglasses to the top of her head.

"Ah," she stated as she smiled vibrantly at him and (Y/N) then knew who it was. "You must be (Y/N)!"

"Uh," (Y/N) said as he blinked. "Yeah."

She quickly lessened the distance between them and held out her hand. "Hi! I'm Honey. Honey Lemon!"

(Y/N) felt something sharp and prickly edging in his heart and a sudden urge to just slap her hand away overwhelmed him. However, before he could act on it, he grabbed her hand and shook it shortly before letting go. "I'm (Y/N)—Hamada."

"Hamada," she teased and (Y/N) frowned. She immediately noticed the change of expression on (Y/N)'s face and grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, I tend to be quite—bubbly."

"I'll say," (Y/N) found himself saying before he could even stop himself. Honey dropped her grin and blinked at (Y/N). An awkward silence took over before she looked away.

"Oh," she said.

"Uhm, sorry," (Y/N) said. "I didn't mean it that way."

She looked back at (Y/N) for a moment before shrugging. "It's alright."

(Y/N) just stood there for a few more seconds before looking away. "I uh, gotta go."

"Alright, I'll see you soon?" she asked and (Y/N) just nodded curtly before turning around. He quickly walked away from her and headed to the elevator.

Once he was inside the elevator, he noticed that Honey hadn't followed him in. He was secretly glad he didn't have to be in the same space as Honey and immediately groaned under his breath. The door of the elevator slid closed and (Y/N) contemplated for a moment. He had reacted quite horribly prior meeting Honey Lemon.

He didn't like her.

He knew enough of this feeling for him to be oblivious about it.

He disliked Honey Lemon.

Now, the question remained as to why he disliked her.

He had always disliked the thought of Tadashi before and now that he knew him a bit better, he was—surprisingly—fond of him. Now, maybe it was the same with Honey Lemon. But the sharp tug in his heart told him otherwise. It told him that no matter how much time he spent with Honey Lemon, he would never truly come to terms in liking her.

(Y/N) mused at that thought for a moment before the elevator doors opened and (Y/N) walked out. Just then, he realised that Honey had come out from Tadashi's apartment. That mere singular thought made (Y/N) stop walking. He furrowed his eyebrows at the sudden wash of discomfort inside.

He didn't like the idea that Honey was in Tadashi's place either.

He slowly began walking again as he contemplated and analyzed his feelings even more. Why this did suddenly start rubbing him in the wrong way? After finally coming to nothing conclusive, (Y/N) pushed away those thoughts to the back of his mind and decided to head on with his plans.