Chapter 12- Painted Past

~like if you agree that 'D' is for dinosaur~

------------------------------

Okay just to tell you that this chapter might remind you of 'Give your Heart a Break'... But probably in a nicer version.

Y

*

*

Me: "Lou?"

Lou: "Hmm?"

Me: "I have to go to the winter ball tomorrow.... with Harry."

Lou: "That's nice Hun."

Me: "I'm not joking."

Lou: "Sure you aren't."

Me: "Cmon teddy-boo. I would love to go with you-"

Lou: "But I am bald and in the hospital. I get it."

Me: "Mr. Dan is making us go. He said th-"

Lou: "Why would you care what Mr. Dan says? Huh? Aren't you a rebel? Is it because you like Harry and you are using that excuse?! Is it because I'm stuck in the hospital? Cause I can leave. I can walk out that door Emma."

"So why don't you?" I whispered. Nononononono. Please don't make this a bigger deal than it already is, Louis. "I try not to say it, Emma. I try to not notice it, but now I can't. Don't you listen to yourself every time you visit me!? 'Oh Harry was wearing shades friggen INSIDE'. 'Harry pisses me off'. 'I hate Harry's sluts'. Why can't it just be us?"

I flinched at how harsh he spat those words. "Why," he said softer. "Why can't it just be me and you?" Say something girl. You'll never forgive yourself if you don't. "Because... Because.." Say something that Zayn would say!

"Because you've never felt the same way." he finished for me. "You wanted to break up with me but found out I had a brain tumor." I feel like a international s/ut. "Don't feel bad. I know what pity feels like. If I were you, I would've done the same thing."

"So you think that I like Harry." I stated. "No. I just think that.....you two would....make a nice couple."

......

........

..........

Somebody kill me now.

"But he might be nice to you just to get into your pants...you know what I'm saying?" Duh. ".... So where are we now?" There should be a show called 'Emma is a retarded cow'. Cause that's what I feel like right now, a cow.

"Well its about time that we took a break don't you think?" I smiled and nodded and slid the ring off of my left middle finger and placed it into Louis' palm.

"Now for the certificate...." I pulled out a napkin and tore it in half. "I never knew breakups were this fun." I laughed whilst Lou chuckled. "Ey, but we're still 'as American girls would say' BFFLs!!!" he said in a prissy tone.

And there was our breakup that happened in less than ten minutes. But things aren't a play for us now. Our friendship is real. I know. It's crappy for me to say this, but IMMA GIRL.

Tomorrow, I'll be a cow's date. Tomorrow is when my reputation is gonna get ruined (but Harry's rep. would burn to ashes tehehehe).

*****THE NEXT DAY*****

From: Cow (yeah. I had to get his number -.-)

Pick you up at 6 :)

Cow just put a smiley face at the end of that text? Oh he's so sweet. Sarcasm included.

To: Cow

Whatevr. FYI, we only have 2 go in there 2gethr. I'm leaving aftr.

From: Cow

Whatever.

I can just imagine him saying that in a prissy tone like 'whateveahhhhhhh'. Tehehehehehehe

__________________________________________________

I was in Liam's cousin's dress (which happened to fit me well). It was navy blue which reached to the floor. I put a fancy white fur coat over it (it's winter. Don't expect me to go out like that). I showed no interest in makeup and just put up my rainbow hair in a fishtail braid.

I then put on my black, hightop converse (yes I don't wear £7000 heels).....

5:30.

My parents were at this art gallery and won't be home until twelve. Hmmm. Thirty minutes to kill....

--------------------------------------

"Whoopie!!!!" I screamed flying down the longest staircase (which is to the basement) in my skateboard..... and yes I was in my dress. YOLO. The basement wasn't much. Just mum and dad's old family stuff and old pieces of paints....... and a locked door stashed behind the pile of rubbish?

My hand traced the key hole. What could be behind this door? This reminds me of 'The House at the End of the Street'. What if my mum or dad locked their insane sister that no one never knew about inside there? I mean mum never let me come down here. Hmm....

An old key was hanging on a chain which hung from a nail stuck in the brick wall. Same old mum with her careless ways.

I unlocked the door and gasped. There was drawings of ME: Pencil drawings, paintings, oil pastel work, even chalk. Wow. Why would mum want to hide it? Maybe for a surprise for me? But she has been keeping me from the basement ever since I got adopted by them.... Which was a few months ago. These paintings were done when I was even younger....

How did they know about me before we even first met? Friends? I doubt it. I met Gloria (A/N: not the Madagascar hippo) was my birth mum's BFF and she never said anything about someone named katy nor Bruce. The names on the paintings were signed by two different people: Lauren and James.... My parents' names. I know that they died a long time ago, but why do they have a painting of me in present day? Like with rainbow hair?

A crash came from upstairs as I quickly locked up the room and ran upstairs and into my room. The porch doors were open letting snow fly into my room.

An envelope sat on my bed.

Emma.

Don't. Please don't be a drawing of Harry again.

It was. 'Trust Him', it said. But that wasn't what caught my breath.

- from Lauren and James. Trust us baby-doll.

=======================================================

Cliffhanger!!!!!! Sorry but I had to!! Drama!!!!!! Just like I promised!!!! Comments? Likes? Suggestions? I'm open for 'em. <3