Chapter 14- There are Ghosts in the Basement

~like if you'll never look at a carrot the same way again~

Liam's p.o.v.

"So I was like 'bitch no.' when I found those condoms in his pockets.... Blah. Blah. Blah!!!!!!! Liam!!! Are you listening to me?" Emma protested.

Nodd.

"If you were, what was the last thing I said?"

Nodd.

"Are you just randomly nodding to everything that I'm saying?!"

Nodd.

A handbag collided with my head. "Shoot Emma!! I'm driving!!"

"Shoot Liam! You don't need to listen in order to drive! So where was I? Oh right. So I found friggen condoms inside his coat pockets...."

"And now you're pissed."

"Not pissed.... Just.... Annoyed."

"You're jealous that he only wanted you for sex."

"It's call being mad."

"Jealous."

"Mad."

"Jealous."

"Liam Friggen Payne. I'm mad.... But not surprised."

"My middle name is James." I sighed. Why does Lou have a crush on this girl again? Oh right. Cause he's crazy like her.

"Whatever. You're not going to tell Louis this, right?"

*****FLASHBACK*****

"Please do it for me, Liam. She'll be going to a dance with him. I don't want Emma to end up falling for that cow. Even if it means that I can't be with her either. She'll obviously tell you everything that's happened. So pleeeeeaaaasssse tell me what she tells you." Lou sighs.

"Pinky promise."

*****Back to present time*****

"Ofcourse not."

Emma's p.o.v.

I'm still pissed at Harry. Condoms?!?!? I might understand drugs but capital C-O-N-D-O-M-S?!?! I'm going to be sick again. 'Trust him - from Lauren and James. Trust us baby-doll.'

Was it really Lauren and James?

8:30.

I wasn't suppose to be home until ten. Oh well. I searched the basement some more. It somehow smelled like fresh paint.... Like it did after mum painted a big portrait or something.

*Caution for anyone who hates fancy use of writing. I'm sorry. I don't want to use it. But it makes it a tad more epic.*

A dark shadow creeps up upon my view (I am reading waaaaayyyy too many Edgar Allan Poe books and that is called one book).

"H-Hello?" I stammer. It could be a mouse. It could be a bird. Whatever it was, it was getting closer and closer. The wooden floor creaked louder and louder.....and that was when I knew that I wasn't the only human being down here.

"Come here." a voice creaked. "Beautiful. Come here my love." She reaches out to me. My heart raced. An old woman all crinkled like an old newspaper stands in front of me in rags with her open arms.

"Sweetie. Come here." I was about to scream until a little girl about six runs up into her arms. "We're going to be okay, Gran?" she whispers. "Ofcourse Lauren my beautiful. Everything's going to be alright."

She takes the little girl in her arms. "They'll come for us. All of us. No matter what generation it is, they'll always be after us." She recites it as if she has been keeping it in her mind for quite a while.

The little girl stares into her grandma's eyes. "What about mummy? What about her? Today is my birthday. Mum promised me that she'll take me to the carnival today."

The grandma looks at Lauren in the eyes. "I try, baby-doll. I try very, very hard and one day, you'll have one little girl of your own just like how your mum has you. You will be finally painting like you always do. You'll meet a great man one day. And if you can't stop the Parsons."

She gave a weak smile. "If you can't stop the Parsons, then your child would. Or your grandchild would. Or someone else would. I know a great family who would help. They would always help. Just remember. Their name is Styles. Remember my Lauren. Styles. Styles, Styles, Styles. Make sure the rest of the generations remember......"

Slowly, they fade away. I had a hallucination. Lauren. That was my mum as a little girl... And her grandmother....was my great grandma. Parsons. Isn't it my adoptive parents' last names? Well I took the name too but isn't it their last names originally?

'Their name is Styles. Remember my Lauren. Styles. Styles, Styles, Styles. Make sure the rest of the generations remember......'

That sent shivers down my spine. So let's get this straight:

- the Parsons and my birth family aren't friends

- my birth family are friends with the 'Styles' family

- the Parsons would stop at nothing to wipe off my family's generations

- my birth mother loved to paint

That's very fortunate of me. I closed the secret door and bounded up the stairs. What I saw was a hallucination. Just a hallucination. Nothing more. I swiped my phone off of the kitchen island.

9:15

"Liam? Are you busy? Can you come over? Normally, I'd call Lou... But ...you know...."

================================================================================

A bit more poetic and weirdish in this chapter. But there you have it. I try to put interesting information or action in every chapter. Plus I'm going to TRY to put Louis back into the story again without making it a flashback.

:) keep staying beautiful!