back again

*THIS IS NOT MINE. THE CHARACTER CELESTE I DID CREATE THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY IS A SHOW ON NETFLIX AND NOT AT ALL MINE* btw hiii thanks for reading! feel free to comment abt anything!

On the 12th hour of the first day of october 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. this was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. sir reginald hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

he got eight of them.

number 1: Luther
currently on the moon for whatever reason.
power: super strength.

number 2: Diego
currently playing batman.
power: ability to control all weapons.

number 3: Allison
currently walking on a red carpet.
power: ability to rumor anyone to do anything.

number 4: Klaus
currently waking up from an overdose.
power: ability to speak to dead people.

number 6: Ben
currently dead. (and putting up with klaus' bullshit.)
power: ability to summon a monster inside him.

number 7: Vanya
currently playing violin at an empty ballroom.
power: doesn't have one.

number 8: Celeste
currently taking a nap.
power: invisibility.

*BUZZ BUZZ*
who the fuck is calling me at 7:30pm on a saturday? i thought. i decided to ignore it and keep sleeping.
*BUZZ BUZZ*
they started calling me again. i groan as i get up from my bed to check my phone. its diego. "diego i swear i will kill you. what do you want?" i asked. "dad died." "oh alright that's reasonable. i'll be there in like 20 minutes." i hung up and put some grey sweatpants , a black hoodie , my converse and my hair in a bun.

1 hour later i was in an uber with my hot chocolate and my headphones listening to sweater weather. i arrived at the academy and watched the uber guy look around frantically to see where i was. i laughed and walked into the academy , allowing myself to become visible again. the first person i was greeted by was klaus, one of my favorite brothers. "celeste hey!" he said happily with both arms open. i ran to them and stayed in his embrace for a good 20 seconds. "where's ben?" klaus completely ignored me and took the hot chocolate out of my hands and threw it in the trash near us. "why. just why?" i asked him laughing. "i've got something better." he replied putting a cigarette in between my lips. he lit up the lighter and i inhaled and exhaled suddenly feeling calmer.

me and klaus both walked into the living room realizing everyone was there too. i was greeted by everyone and sat on the sofa next to vanya. klaus sat on the floor in front of me and i played with his hair with one hand and using my other hand to support the cigarette. i wasn't paying attention to what anyone was saying. i was just looking around at everything that hadn't moved in years. everything was the exact same. then something caught my eye. the painting of him. of number five. my heart started beating faster , my stomach churned and my palms were sweaty. that was the first time i saw a picture of him in around 10 years. and all the memories came flooding back and tears filled my eyes. "excuse me." i said quietly. and i stood up and started walking out. "where are you going?" Luther asked. "i need to take a shit." i lied not even looking back to see his confused face.

i ran up the stairs and bumped into pogo. "pogo hi." i said sniffling. "miss celeste. so good to see you." i nodded. "are you alright miss?" he asked kindly. "yeah i just-" "number five." he finished for me. i looked down not replying. "follow me." and so i did. he lead me to fives room. more and more tears streamed down my face when i walked in and saw picture of me and him on his walls and his blue bed sheets and his slippers in the exact place he left them last. pogo gave me a pat on the bag and i turned around and hugged him. he gave me a reassuring nod and walked out. i sat on his bed and giggled remembering how hard his bed was. then i walked around observing the pictures of us.

then i saw the one picture where me and him were at the abandoned restaurant i used to love. it was the place where we celebrated our 1 year together. then a few minutes later , there i was. at the restaurant. and it was still there. i smiled in awe. i walked in and went up the hidden stairs onto the ceiling. memories of me and five watching the sunset flashed inside my head. i don't even know how long i stayed there for but it seemed like hours. then i lied down and stared at the darkening sky. i didn't even notice that i fell asleep.

my eyes shot open , frightened by the sound of thunder. i looked up at the sky and it wasn't raining or cloudy at all. weird. i felt strange. it felt like my clothes were baggier. jeez how long has it been since i've eaten? it wasn't that long. just a day. then my tummy rumbled a bit. i went downstairs again and wiped the dust off me. as soon as i looked at my hands i was shocked. did my hands get smaller? i thought to myself. and they did. i realize that once i looked at the mirror in the bathrooms. i was young again. literally. i was 13 again.