P- Chapter 16

Daniel: Does this mean you'll be my gf?
He whispered.
I smiled and nodded.
Daniel: Tonight at 12am meet me outside, I have something planned.
I nod and lay my head on his shoulder and he kisses my forehead.

We get home soon and to the front door to see everyone waiting. We go inside and chill in the living room. It was my birthday and my mom kept making "jokes" about Jonah and I. Zach didn't like how Daniel and I weren't together so he made me sit at the edge of a sofa , with Daniel next to me, then Jack, Jonah, Corbyn, Anna and Kai. We all squeezed in and Zach laid on top of us his head was near Daniel and I so he could tease us.

We all played games, talked and just had a fun night.
It was time for everyone to go home so we all said goodbye, I was next to Jonah while saying bye.
My mom hugged Jonah and kissed his cheeked
Mom: bye Jonah
She walked past me as if she didn't see me and left the house. My dad said bye to the both of us and left

I walk to the kitchen and Daniel was already there drinking some water. He extended his arm while drinking. I hugged him and he put his glass down. I leaned against the kitchen counter and Daniel put both of his hands on either side of the counter and leaned into me while looking down.

He kissed my forehead. I jumped on the counter and wrapped my arms around his neck and legs around his torso. I played with his platinum blonde hair . He loosened his grip and looked at me.

He leaned in and was about to kiss me when someone interrupted.

Keri+ Carrie: oh my gosh.

Daniel and I look at the entrance to the kitchen and see our moms standing there.

I left go of him and hop down and we back away from each other.

Keri: Oh MY. GOSH!!!
She was excited
Carrie: Oh. My. Gosh.
My mom says angry. I look at Daniel and he looks at me.

My mom drags me to my room and closes the door behind her. She starts yelling

Carrie: What do you think you're doing?! Kissing that boy? I expected way better from you. I allowed you to come here so you can spend time with your brother not go around kissing boys. If the roles were reversed Jonah wouldn't do this. He's care about your feelings and wouldn't hook up with your friends.
Me: IF THE ROLES WERE REVERSED YOU WOULDNT BE ACTING LIKE THIS. I get it okay. Jonahs the golden child. He got good grades, he had a happy childhood, he got in a band and turned out to be successful but do you realize the toll the constant comparison and judgment towards me take out on me. It started when I was 10 and I got 3rd place in the talent show, Jonah got 1st when he was my age. When Jonah started to get into music and started to play more and get attention you threw me into violin, piano, cello, clarinet, flute and a bunch more. I swam for 3 years competitively just so that I could finally be enough for you but even then I wasn't. I couldn't even go to see my own brother rise and be successful with his band because I was too busy trying to get good grade so I could impress YOU AND AS SOON AS IM ACTUALLY HAPPY SOMEWHERE AND YOU DONT LIKE WHY IM HAPPY YOU TRY AND MAKE ME FEEL BAD ABOUT IT?! AND ON MY BIRTHDAY?! No I'm done, I'm done trying to be enough for you.

I walk past my mom and leave the room. I go downstairs and see the keys to Jonahs car, I take it while wiping away my tears. I see the boys in the living room, they seem like they heard everything. I walk past them angry and upset and drive away.