Ch. 8 - Changing The Subject

(Nolan's POV )

The sound of running water came from the bathroom. I peered in, and saw Lou. His back turned to me, washing his face in the sink. I smiled, and hugged him from behind. We both froze for a second.

Lou: Goodmorning to you too...Cuddle Bunny.

I grinned as Lou chuckled lightly. I reminisced the first time we did that. I was asleep, yet I somehow managed to find my way to him. He turned around and kissed me.

Lou: How'd you sleep?

"Good. You? "

He blushed for a quick second, before clearing his throat.

Lou: It was fine, I guess. I mean, you may or may not have kicked me in your sleep...

We blinked at each other awkwardly for awhile before laughing.

After I apologized, we made it downstairs, to feed the husky we called Bear, and had breakfast. I gripped my stomach again, groaning in discomfort. I hated how I could get sick so easily.

Lou: You okay?

I looked up at him with a "hm?". His eyes were perfectly round and blue. I nodded and sat up straight, eating my toast. When, I was finished, I took a sip of milk from my cup, and sucked the butter off my fingers. I sighed contently, before looking up. Lou looked away immediately, blushing a dark shade of pink.

I cleaned my face with a napkin, and put the plates away. My face wrinkled again, as I bent forward.
"Ugh, why does it hurt so much?"
I tried whispering, but Lou heard anyways.

Lou: Is it your stomach again? Maybe I'll run to the pharmacy..

I stood up and grabbed his sleeve. He turned his head to me.
"Can I come?"
His face blushed pink again.

Lou: ... W-what?

I frowned.
"I was asking if I could go with you?"
He laughed nervously, still blushing.

Lou: Oh... Y-yeah, of course! Of course you can..*clears throat*come with me..

I smiled and went to open the door. He smiled back and ruffled my hair.

While we were in the store, a few dolls began approaching me. Asking peculiar things like

?? :"So, now that Micheal's back, you're gonna get back together, right? '"

?? :"Everyone knows Lou was just a rebound."

?? : "Nicheal was the cutest ship, wouldn't you agree?"

?? :"So, when are you gonna dump Goldilocks?"

I stuttered, not knowing what to respond. Had everyone known that I was with Micheal? And they supported it? My head began to feel dizzy.

? : That's enough everyone.

I looked to my right. Almost instinctly I felt compelled to run, but I stood perfectly still.

?? : Micheal! You're here!

?? : Are you here to get Nolan back?

He glanced at the ground and looked back at me. I was almost scared of his answer. In that moment, I wanted the ground to swallow me up.

Micheal: No, I'm not. Now, let's leave Nolan alone. Okay?

The others left. It was just me and Micheal. I gulped hard.
Since Lou was still getting my medicine, I felt a lot less secure. I wasn't sure how to react to him anymore. So I just stood there quietly.

Micheal : Don't worry, I'm not gonna try anything. But there is one thing I'd like to say to you.

My ears perked up. He took a step closer. His face was expressionless. Unreadable. He learned closer, and whispered.