Chapter 18: Realization

3rd Person  POV:

Budo was called to the headmasters room, the headmaster told him to show the new transfer student around the school, which Budo agreed. “Hi, My name is Budo Masuta” said Budo as he held out his hand which the other student took  “Ayano Aishi” Budo smiled as they shook hands “nice to meet you Aishi-san”

A few days past nothing special happened for Budo except for the new transfer student Ayano. After showing her around it was like she disappeared, Budo was a little upset because he wanted to be friends with her and also have her join his club.

  One day while Budo was walking home he saw Taro and a few delinquents going down an alley,  and to his surprise he saw Ayano following them. Curious Budo also followed. He already knew Taro was most likely going to be robbed, but he wanted to see why Ayano was following them. Budo made sure to be silent and conceal his presence. Budo made sure to be ready to jump in if things got to serious, but he watched Ayano.

“W-what do y-you guys want f-from me” said a meek Taro

“Heh I think you know exactly what we want, had over your wallet” said one of the guys as he held his bat at him. Taro shakes as he looks for his wallet in his bag.
A few moments past, the delinquents start to become impatient, while Taro starts to freak out more as he frantically looks through his bag.

“Hurry up!” one of them shout which made Taro jump. He then handed them a coin.

  “T-this is a-all I got… I-I must left my w-wallet at home" one of the delinquents grab it

  “40 yen (0.38 US) are you playing with us!” they started to become pissed.
“hey, how about we just beat him up, I’m getting tired of just standing here" said one of them
  “*sigh* sure" he then turned his bat and pointed it at Taro
   “you shouldn’t have left your wallet, so basically this is your fault”

   Taro then backed up till he met the end of the ally. He then closed his eyes and covered his ears.

  Budo knew he had to step in, but before he did Ayano ran towards them. “He-" before Budo could say anything Ayano had already took one of them down.

  Budo then proceeded to watch as Ayano took the other two down. Budo was surprised, he wasn’t expecting this to be the outcome. Ayano looked at Taro then Budo. She walked towards him and said “I wasn’t here" she then ran away.

   Budo then snapped out of it as he watched her leave, she reminded him of a super hero “Cool" was all that came out of his mouth. All he knew after that was he wanted to learn more about a girl named Ayano Aishi.

  A week past after that. After much persistent he finally got Ayano to join his club which made Budo happy knowing he got another member he could teach. With Ayano joining the club both her and Budo got closer within the week. 

  Budo began to look for her in the crowd and would listen whenever she spoke to hear her voice, but he never paid much attention on how she made him feel, instead he would think this is how he treats all his friends.

  Budo was getting ready to leave the bathroom till he heard someone calling his name “hey….Masuta” Budo turned around “is that you Yamada-san?” asked Budo to the kid in the stall “yeah…it’s me, can you….go tell Osana I won’t be coming back, p-please, she’s on the rooftop" said Taro as he held his stomach, not knowing whether he was going to throw up or have the runs “sure" said Budo before heading towards  the rooftop.

   Once there he see’s Osana on the ground. He runs towards her, she points at the bento, and without hesitation he grabs her and takes her to the infirmary while informing the teachers, the school nurse keeps her under control till the ambulance comes and takes her.