Chapter 13

Zayn's POV

The plan was simple. Or at least I hoped so. I just have to get Kat to work with me I know we could do it. I can't believe I finally found her but I can't be with her. I need to be with Ysa. I walked over to the room Kat was staying at and knocked on the door.
"Hey Zayn! What are you doing here?" Kat said as she opened the door and saw me.
"I have a plan." I told her in a low voice so people couldn't overhear us. "You like Calum and I like Ysa. What if we worked together to break them up?"
"Are you crazy!?" Kat scream whispered. "I couldn't do that to Ysa even if it meant I could be with Calum."
"No, stop it Kat! This is Ysa and Calum we're talking about. Do you really think that they're a better fit together?" I reasoned with her. "None of us even knew about it until now! I don't even remember seeing them interact!"
"What if she really truly likes him? What if he truly likes her?" Kat quietly responded while looking at the ground.
"Is that what you really believe?" I questioned.
"No. Yes? Ugh, I don't know. I don't want it to be true, but I have to start accepting it." She replied.
"So you're just going to throw away your feelings for him?" I countered. "He has been the guy of your dreams for so long, and you're not even going to try?"
"You think I don't already know that? I've been thinking of ways that this could all play out and I have no idea what I'm going to do or how I'm going to do it but I do know one thing. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I helped break them up. I'm sorry, but I can't do this."

Kat's POV

I can't believe Zayn asked me to break up my cousin's relationship. I couldn't do that! Or could I? Calum did tell me that he liked me...NO. I can't. It's the wrong thing to do. Ugh I need to take a walk and just think.
I took the elevator downstairs and started walking. I had absolutely no idea where I was going but I knew I just needed to get away from there. So many things happened all at once and I just need to be alone.
I was walking past a park when I thought I heard someone singing. I walked over to compliment them on their voice and nearly gasped in shock. It was Calum and Ysa! They were sitting on the grass with their hands intertwined, staring into each other's eyes. I hid behind a tree holding back new tears as I listened to him sing to her.
"You look so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear and I know now, that I'm so down."
That could be ME! Oh god, what a mess I've gotten myself into. I sat there while Calum sang to her, pretending that those words were meant for me when he suddenly stopped singing. Did Calum forget the words to his own song? He was barely halfway through it! I peeked past the tree and immediately regret it. I felt my heart shatter as I finally let the tears fall from my eyes. I managed to pick myself up from the ground, still unable to believe what my eyes were seeing. I turned on my heel and started running to the hotel. I ran up the stairs, not bothering to wait for an elevator. I got out my key and was just about to open the door when I changed my mind. I put the key back and made my way to his door. I knocked. I only had to wait about three seconds when I was greeted by a confused stare.
"Kat? What are you doing here?" He replied.
"I'll do it." I confidently replied.
"You will!?" He shockingly replied. "What made you change your mind?"
"I saw them." My voice shook as I responded.
"Saw who?"
"Ysa and Calum."
"But, you've seen them together before. How is this time any different?" He questioned.
I took a deep breath, gathering up all the strength I had left in me to reply. "I- I saw him kiss her."
"Are you sure you want to do this? There was a reason you said no to me before." He replied warily.
"Yes, Zayn. I'm sure. We have a couple that we need to break up."

-Ysa.