The Warden

"Where are you" Rilus says, scanning a computer screen

"Any news Rilus?, Or do we need to send more seekers" Sekris ask

"I found the general location, but not where they are camping"

"Hmm, we must find them before they regain enough strength to take back the throne, but first, what are the people saying about my accent to power"

"There is a loud minority, but the majority bought the "the king and children were assassinated by a unknown assailant" excuse"

"What are the rebels saying?"

"They say you killed them, with my assistance, we won't actively punish them unless they slander your name in public"

"That's fine, we have to maintain the majorities favor, and we have to renew the kingdoms trust with the Humans, the Shardlings, and the Protectors"

"Renewing peace treaties with them will be hard, but you were there when Aetheon renewed it last time, you should know what you need to do"

"Don't worry, we haven't failed anything yet"

"We failed to get the children"

"That wasn't a failure, it was a minor setback"

"I don't think its minor when you make me sit here for 2 whole days searching the area"

"It's your job Rilus, you're the warden, the leader of the royal guard"

"It's not much leading when you simply control a hive mind with a few exceptions"

"The Royal guard is under your control, you have the most powerful army, and you even have your commanders to substitute, at least it isn't all a hive mind"

"I guess, but the commanders are busy patrolling the city "finding" the assailant"

"They don't know the truth don't they?"

"Of course they don't, if they knew, they would turn on me and you instantly"

"You have a point, keep doing your job, once we find them, we have the whole kingdom under our control"

Rilus' monitor glows with a crimson red color, beeping, showing 3 targets, with info, exact coordinates, and even current injuries

"Finally found you" Rilus exclaims, with a smig smile

"Send the Magnus drones, give them the directive to capture, not kill"

"Alright, the guards should be there in 2 to 3 days"

"I must go now Rilus, make sure those drones are enough to knock them out"

"Oh it will, trust me"