Sharon

"Hey." I ignored Justin and walked on to my locker. "What was that?" Once again, I didn't say anything. "Have I done something?"
"Go back to Gabe." I said as I shut my locker and headed outside and down the main steps. "What are you going on about?" Justin called as he jogged to catch up with me.
"You kissed Gabe."
"What?"
"Don't deny it, someone saw you."
"I wasn't going to deny it, I was just going to explain."
"What is there to explain?" I asked as I got into my car and shut the door. The passenger door opened, and Justin sat in the passenger seat and crossed his arms. "Get out."
"I'm not leaving until you hear me out."
"What is there to hear?"
"I didn't kiss Gabe, he kissed me, I didn't kiss him back, I pushed him away."
"You did?"
"Yes, he apologised then left."
"I'm sorry."
"Should be, you should trust me."
"I do trust you."
"Looks like it."
"I'll make it up to you."
"Yeah?"
"You're free at the weekend, right?"
"Depends on why you're asking?"
"You'll see."
"I'm going back, I've got math, but I'll see you later?"
"I'll pick you up after school."
"Where are you going then?"
"Away from here, I can't be doing with all the shitty comments from Brooke's friends."
"I can try talking to Brooke, I mean she's still very much pissed and refusing to acknowledge I exist, but I can try."
"There's no point, she'll still hate me."
"Worth a try though." Justin kissed me on the cheek before climbing out my car. I sat there alone with my thoughts for a while before finally starting the engine and driving away from the school. I pulled up at my house, locked the car and let myself into the house. "Aaron, is that you?"
"Yeah." I dumped my bag in the hallway and headed into the living room.
"What are you doing back so early?"
"I got fed up with being at school."
"Come here." My mom patted the empty space next to her on the couch. "You're not too old for a hug from your mom, are you?" I gave her a weak smile before sitting next to her and allowing her to pull me into a hug. "Justin told me Brooke found out."
"Yeah."
"Give her some space and time and she might warm to the idea."
"That's not going to happen."
"It might, you never know."
"I do know, it's Brooke we're talking about."
"She's a lovely girl, and she's been nothing but understanding, like when you came out and when you started drag."
"I guess."
"She'll come around."
"Did you mean what you said?"
"About what?" I looked up at my mom.
"You'll really help me move if I want to?"
"Of course."

***

"I've been waiting ages." Justin whined.
"I'm sorry."
"Anyway, why did you want to know if I was free?"
"We're going away."
"We are?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Because I want to get away from here and just be like a normal couple for a while, no one staring or making comments."
"But I have no stuff."
"I packed some clothes you left at mine."
"You've really thought about this haven't you?"
"Yes, yes I have."
"So where are we going?"
"You'll see."
"Ooh a surprise."
"Yes."
"I should probably tell my mom where we're going."
"Don't, just say you're spending the weekend with me."
"Okay..." Justin did as he was told then locked his phone.
"Turn it off."
"You're making this sound like a hostage situation."
"I promise it's not, I left mine at home, I just want it to be us, no one from home."
"Alright." Justin turned off his phone and dropped it into his bag. "This is kinda exciting."
"I said I'd make it up to you."
"You didn't have to."
"I'm taking you on a date."
"Why?"
"Because we haven't had one, you've been on one with Gabe but not with your actual boyfriend."
"Shut up." Justin said as he pushed me playfully. "You don't strike me as the date type."
"I'm not."
"I feel special."
"You are special, I'll drop you off at a mental institute on the way."
"You're mean."
"I know."
"How long before we get there?"
"A couple of hours."
"But I'm starving."
"You're like a whiny child."
"Can we stop and get something to eat?"
"Maybe if you stop whining."