Detention

I arrived at Professor Snape's class for my detention. He stared at me for a few seconds before he said, "You're going to clean my entire classroom, you have 2 hours. I expect it to be spotless when I return. Don't use magic." and he left. I groaned. "Great, I'll never get this cleaned in time."

I heard someone open the door 30 minutes after he left so I panicked, "You said I had 2 hours!" I turned around and it was Fred? "Did I now?" He asked. I chuckled slightly while going red from embarrassment. Fred walked closer and asked, "Are you really going to clean it all." "Yes. I am Fred, I don't want more detentions I already have a whole week of them!" He snickered and said, "Well I guess you shouldn't have threw your food at a Professor then." I scoffed and ignored him and continued cleaning. Well I tried to ignore him at least, I could feel he was staring at me so I started getting nervous and kept messing up.

I finished 45 minutes before Snape got back so I decided to sit down and rest my eyes. I leaned my head on the desk in front of me and started to doze off but Fred quite loudly said, "I have an idea!" I jumped. "What is it, Fred?" "Well," he walked over to me and sat down. "We could set up a prank for when he gets back." "This better not get me in trouble! What do you have in mind?" I said. He assured it wouldn't get me in trouble and told me, "We could set up some fireworks in here and have them set to go off when we leave." "I don't suppose you have any fireworks, do you?" I said as I rolled my eyes at him. He then pulled them out of his pockets and said, "I do have some, I can't believe you would ever underestimate me!" He pretended to be offended which earned another eye roll from me.

We started setting up the fireworks all around the classroom and when we were done Fred told me he would wait outside the class for me because Snape would be here any minute. I sat back down in a chair and waited for him. He finally came in and said, "You may go to bed now, y/l/n." I said, "Goodnight." and quickly left the class. Fred asked, "You ready?" "Yes!" I replied. We opened the door slightly and poked our heads in and we set off the fireworks. They were going off everywhere and one went off just inches from Snape's face which made me laugh louder than I should have. Snape shot his head up to see me and Fred standing in the doorway dying of laughter. He started to run towards us and Fred grabbed my hand and practically dragged me back to the common room before he could catch up to us. We quickly said goodnight and rushed to our dorms. I plopped myself down in my bed and fell asleep with a smile on my face.