B i l a n g LII

"What's so good about him?" I asked as we travel back home after her talk with Cesario.

"He's the greatest mercenary is this story." She said, so amazed with Cesario. "I mean in this world." Now that she said it, I just noticed.

"Story of what?" I asked, she did not speak and just look around the rice field.

Her hair swayed with the wind making me smell her hair, smells like Freesia.

"You need to learn from him." She said after.

"For?" I asked.

"I'm sure you don't even know how to properly wield a sword because no one has ever trained you. Actually, all you can do is sway around the sword. I'm actually shock you can carry one!" She said in so much confident. I did not speak, she's right and talkative. "Gosh, we should come back tomorrow. This is our first secret!" She giggled.

"Why do I have to learn swordmanship?" I asked. She stop.

"To live! Duh?" I wrinkled my forehead with the foreign word she said.

"Duh?" I asked, she stopped and later laugh. I watched her face reddened as she laugh, I can't see her whole face but she looks happy.

I smiled a little.

"Anyway, why do I have to live?" I asked. "Didn't you know I was cursed?" I asked her since it looks like she know a lot about me.

She sighed and murmured something to herself.

"What?" I asked and manuever Ashin, to enter the forest.

"You're not cursed." She said. "It was a prophecy when you were born, and in the original story the prophecy did not came true and you died." I stopped.

"You know about the prophecy?" I asked and look at her, her eyes move as if she was caught doing something beastly. "And..story?" I slowly asked.

Her red face became pale as she awkwardly laugh.

"Uhm, the prophecy that you'll finish your clan?" I slowly nod.

Who are you Cecilà?

No one knows about that prophecy, even the Imperial family.

"T-the truth is, I-i was sent by G-god?" It looks like she having a hard time lying.

In my doubts, I smiled.

I clenched my jaw when I realized it myself.

She giggled so I watch her.

"You have to do that prophecy!" She said. "So you won't die in their hand."

"Why should I live?" I asked.

I was ready to die, and out of nowhere there's a uncertain lady asking me to live because she loved me?

"Give me a reason to live." I challenged her. She stop as if she's thinking.

She even look up, and then she slowly smiled as she look back at me.

"You should live to protect me!" She said, I wrinkled my forehead.

"Not enough reason." I said firmly, she pouted her lips and look infront of us.

"Because I'll be sad if you die?" I stopped.

Someone will be sad if I die?

I chuckled. Unbelievable.

I slightly kick Ashin.

"What do you think?" She asked. I did not answer. "You won't die because you don't want me sad, right?" She asked.

Where did she get her confident?

And how did she make my heart beat so fast?

I look at the back of her head as she humm a song. Infront of us is already the gate of hell, Ariesè Manse.

I look at the back of her head again.

She'll enter this hell with me and she's not scared?

I stopped infront of the gate.

"I think you are a foreign person." I said. "I'll give you a chance to leave now, I won't report you." She flinched, she did not expect what I said. She slowly look at me, I look away when she gave me a sad look. "You can live out there, quietly. You know how many times the people in this mansion tried to kill you." I said.

I tried to kill her twice and Ramon almost slit her neck.

"You are an ass." I look at her.

"What?" I asked. I flinched when I saw her crying.

"Didn't you know, I'm willing to sacrifice my life for you?" She asked sobbing.

I look around, not knowing what to do.

"Isn't that what you are waiting for?" She tried to wipe away her tears. "A person who'll save you in this hell?" She asked, I can feel her sorrow and pain.

How?

"So Brandon, don't push me away, 'cause I'll do anything just for you to have a happy ending." She said crying.

At the moment, I can't think straight. I just saw my trembling hand slowly wiping away her tears with so much care as if she's a fragile crystal.

I bit my lower lip.

I asked her to leave, but she refused. Now, I don't think I can let her go.

••