B i l a n g XCIV

CONTENT WARNING
TRIGGER WARNING

This chapter may contain scene that may not be suitable for others.

I groaned when Sanse moved my head so easily. I can hear Levi's curses infront of me.

"Surrender." Sansebastian commanded. No one dared to speak or move. I look at Levi. The cold stare from yesterday changed. It turned into fears and pain.

I can see that I'm not oblivious on Levi's expressions anymore.

I smiled at him shaking my head.

They are scared that if they move, Sanse will slit my throat.

Sansebastian won't kill me. You don't kill someone you're fond of.

Levi stepped back when he saw my assuring smile but the fear and pain on his eyes didn't left him. He nodded like he understands what I want to tell him.

Trust me.

"No one will give up the throne." I said. I smiled at Sansebastian. He let go of my hair. "What is it the you want Sanse?"

"You're really asking me that?" He asked like I did ridiculed him. I shook my head.

"What is it?" I asked again. No more smile from my face.

"You bewitched us.." He whispered but I can feel the anger on his tone. "But you didn't take responsibility on anyone.. Now that Cailevi has the throne, you're with him." He said. "I told you I'll give you the world!" He shouted infront of me. "So why the hell didn't you wait!?" I shut my eyes when he pointed a sword on me.

"Tia!"

"Levi is probably my best investment.. and I came to him determined to have power but it's not the reason why I stayed." I whispered.

"What is it? Tell me! I'd give it to you!" He shouted. No one can give me that, only I who will decide whom affection I will pay back. He moved away the sword. "I'm not like Luxius.." He whispered. "Who lost without trying.. So now tell me Arthia! What is it that you want?! I'll give it to you.." I fell on the ground when he pointed the sword on my neck. "I'd rather kill you than give you up!"

"Don't yell at my sister!" My eyes widened when Theodore stabbed Sansebastian on his stomach fast as lightning.

"Fuck!" I heard Levi's cursed. Theodore stand infront of me with so much concern in his eyes.

"Sister!" He said about to reach my hand when a sword went out of his chest.

All my horror came running. My eyes widened shaking. Slowly, Theodore kneel infront of me.

Before he could even fall I crawled to him.

With my trembling hands, I catch his body.

"Sister.." Theodore cough blood.

"W-what?!"

A squish sound infront of us until the room filled with groans of pain.

I don't know where will I touch Theodore who's now lying on my lap.

"H-how dare y-you?" I asked him with shaky voice. Blood started to leak on his chest same with his mouth. He smiled at me. "Y-you dared to die w-when I didn't asked you to?!" I asked.

"Sister.. I-I'm happy t-that you are my sister.." He said. Tears started to fall from my eyes.

"W-we'll go to the docto-- Levi call a doctor!" I shouted when I saw Levi standing infront of me, looking tired. His bloodshot eyes told me that he's not fond of anything anymore.

"Summon a Doctor!" He yelled.

"T-theodore!" The small voice of the boy outside, he came running.

"D-don't go anywhere T-theodore.. I-i'll.."

"I want my sister n-not to stress herself.." He cut me off.

I can't lose another person. I can't lose another family. I don't want this! I never asked for this.

Why did I get a second life?

For this?

I'm not up for it! I'd rather die in vain and not have my revenge if this is exchange to my second life!

Theodore found my wrist. He pointed the veins on it.

"I-i found another h-heartbeat.." His tears fell as he smile. "Y-your baby is still there sister."

"D-don't.." I wasn't able to converse any words.

"C-can I h-have a favor?"

"A-anything!" I said.

"C-call me brother for t-the first a-and last time sister.." I gasped for air when I heard his request.

Right, I have never called Theodore brother. I've never voiced it out.

"B-b..brother Theo.." It's probably the most painful word I voiced out to Theodore. He smiled. His hand landed on my skirt.

"I-i'm happy.." He whispered. "I'm.."

"You told me we'll see the sunflower together!" I shouted at him.

"S-see it with your child.." He whispered. "I'm g-glad.. I get to hear my sister c-calling me brother.."

Theodore's hand slowly fell from my skirt as he slowly closed his eyes.

Theodore has became heavy.

I pulled Theodore closer to my ear to hear his heartbeat but there's none.

"T-theo.." I whispered. "Theodore-- Aahhhhh!" My voice roared to the whole palace.

I must be mistaken.

I shouted as I cry.

I made sure everyone heard my sorrow.

••