The morning of Patton and Logan's Switchover

8:00 am

"Good morning sunshine!"

Patton awoke with a start, finding that Remy was waving a cup of steaming coffee in his face. He shuddered at the potential spill of hot liquid all over the bed, and in particular, burning his face. At that thought, Patton quickly jumped out of bed.

"Hello... I'm sorry, I don't remember what your name is?"

"It's Remy. And you are?"

"Patton. It's nice to meet you, my soulmate's roommate!"

Remy chuckled as he went out of the bedroom and into the kitchen, where the smell of burnt toast hung in the air.

"I'm not actually his roommate," Remy said as he gingerly picked out the blackened squares from the poor toaster, "I'm just one of his friends in replacement of his roommate who moved out last week."

"Huh," Patton murmured. "I feel like I heard that story before."

As Patton sat down at the table, he wondered if it was déjà vu, considering that everything feels familiar to him.

Remy magestically twirled with a plate of toast in his hand, serving Patton with a jar of Crofters in addition.

"I don't know about you, but your soulmate really loves this brand of jam. Hopefully you do too, so you nerds can share that passion."

Patton's eyes lit up at the taste of the jam, then nodded excitedly in agreement. After swallowing, Patton asked, "so what is my soulmate's name?"

"Oh, it's Logan."

Patton's toast clattered onto the plate.

9:00am

Logan had forgotten the noise Roman alone could make, and now there was Virgil as a catalyst.

He woke with a start at the sound of a crash in the kitchen, followed by shouts regarding 'carelessness' and 'cookies'.

Mumbling his discontent, Logan fumbled for the cat-themed alarm clock next to his head. 

"9 am?!" Logan whispered in disbelief. Usually he would be up by 7 am! It must be Patton's body who is accustomed to this later schedule.

Patton... his soulmate. Logan blinked at the thought, just as he did while lying awake last night. It was even more unbelievable to find that he and Roman have soulmates who were also roommates. Not to mention that he and Patton were, just like Roman and Virgil, polar opposites.

Logan sighed, wondering how Patton would find Remy's caretaking treatment this morning.

He got up, swept the crinkles out of Patton's pyjamas before exiting the bedroom. Instantly, the noise volume doubled.

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE, THE JAR IS SHATTERED."

"I DIDN'T KNOW IT COULD SHATTER, IT DIDN'T BREAK YESTERDAY."

"HOW COULD YOU- IT'S GLASS ROMAN."

"REALLY THICK GLASS THOUGH."

"Good morning all, could you refrain from shouting? I'd imagine that it's not pleasant for the neighbours."

"Oh, morning Lo," Roman cheerily waved back to Logan, "It's pretty funny to hear Patton speak so formally, right Virge?"

Virgil glared at Roman some more before turning to Logan with a heavy sigh.

"Logan, could you help clean up this mess? In particular, Roman's bloody feet?"

"Since when did you get british- Oh. I'm actually bleeding."