14. It's Over

Then I will stop them for you...

Narong's words were still echoing in Sky's ear. He lay in the dark room, thinking about the meaning of the words while playing with Lek's bracelet as if it held the answers. He never understood the motives of Narong's actions although each time he was there in Sky's darkest hour. Well, he was mostly the cause of it, but each time he put a tremendous effort to make it up to him.

Although Sky had a special reason why he insisted to help Narong at the beginning, his plan backfired as he was swayed by Narong's tsundere attitude. Now, things got all balled up and Sky didn't know what to do.

That little voice inside his head was shouting that what he was doing was wrong, but his heart was pushing him towards the certain junior. Narong also didn't make things any better as whenever Sky thought it was the last time seeing the junior, Narong popped up again, confusing him anew.

I don't have the right to love you, no matter how much I want to...

***

Sky sighed again and threw his pen to the table as it was impossible for him to focus. The previous night, he made a decision to stay away from Narong as long as it wasn't related to helping him with his assignments.

"It is for the best," he murmured again to convince himself while playing with the beads of Lek's bracelet which he put on the previous night to give himself strength.

"Sky?"

May's voice brought his wandering soul back. Hiding his hands under the table hastily, Sky looked up at May who was standing hand in hand with Ice.

"So, your mysterious boyfriend was N'Ice," Sky teased her, "I was wondering for whom you ditched me last time."

May slapped Sky's arm gently, "don't tease me," she said before sitting across Sky. Ice followed her lead and sat beside her while the third figure had no other place than Sky's side.

"That's why you acted like that," Sky said to Narong, pointing to the newly lovers with his head. But, as soon as he completed his words, he regretted it. Why was it so hard to keep his mouth shut?!

Being unaware of Sky's inner conflict, Narong blushed with embarrassment. He nodded instinctively, hoping that the senior would take pity on him and drop the topic.

"What?" Ice and May said at the same time and then giggled.

"Nothing," Sky saved Narong, but his unwitting hand gesture revealed the bracelet on his wrist.

Narong saw it. Unfortunately.

The embarrassment left its place to anger. He jumped to his feet and pulled Sky alongside without giving no damn about the attention he drew. He dragged the appalled senior to their usual confrontation point; the marble statue near the Faculty of Medicine.

"Now what?" Sky yelled, irritated while massaging his wrist which was showing the mark of Narong's excessive force.

"Where did you get that bracelet?" Narong asked coldly.

Hearing his words, Sky hid his arms behind clumsily. It was the confirmation of Narong's question; it was Lek's bracelet. Brimming over with anger, Narong grabbed Sky's arm and forced the bracelet out of his wrist before pushing him away from himself.

He scrutinised the bracelet and found the bead with the familiar engraving of "L". His brother loved that bracelet dearly and never took it off. After the funeral, Narong searched everywhere to find the most important memento of Lek, but he couldn't to his dismay. Well, apparently somebody was faster than him.

"Why do you have it?" He asked, gnashing his teeth angrily. His hand was clenched around the bracelet.

"Lek gave it to me," Sky said with a hint of pain in his tone.

Narong huffed, "oh really?"

Sky already knew Narong wasn't rational at the moment, so he didn't want to stand there, trying to explain things to someone who was unwilling to listen. It broke his heart that Narong was always suspicious of him, never trusted him. Without giving the agitated boy a final glimpse, Sky turned around with the intention to leave the scene with his disappointed heart.

"Where do you think you are going?!" Narong suddenly yanked him back.

Sky pushed his hand, "YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT I SAY, SO WHY SHOULD I BOTHER?!" He yelled loudly for the first time.

Narong was stunned for a second, seeing his outburst, but he recollected himself rather quickly, "you don't even have the right to get angry as you didn't even care about him!" He yelled at him back while grabbing his wrist back, then he started to drag him somewhere. The passersby gave them weird looks, but Narong didn't care.

All the way, Sky tried to resist, but the iron grip on his wrist didn't waver. However, when Sky noticed where they were going, Sky's efforts were doubled.

Back garden... He is taking me where Lek...

The panic seized his mind. "I can't go there!" He kept yelling with a hoarse voice while he was struggling to break free.

His reaction puzzled Narong, pushing him a little away from himself, he said "based on our reaction, I can say at least you have some remorse towards Lek."

Sky's body went cold. Without realising he closed the distance between them and slapped Narong hard on his cheek.

"You don't know anything!" He yelled with a shaky voice before running away.

Behind him, Narong slumped to the lawn and cried his heart out, holding Lek's bracelet near his heart.

Now everything between them was over... even before it started...