Chapter 21

I lay in bed as doctors pock at me. I lay there watching the sun come through the window. Suddenly my phone vibrates.  I have a call I pick it up. Its Kerrie.
Kerrie: Where the Hell are you. I have rented the TV series of Awkward and Dance Moms. Both in season three and you are no where to be seen. Also have you seen Alex... well of cause you have you are probably making out. Kyle wants to hang.
Me: Wow slow down. We can't make it. Not me or Alex sorry!
Kerrie: WHAT!! Are you bailing on me!! Are you on a date?!!
Me: What?!! No I am stuck in hospital.
Kerrie: Ohh!! I am so sorry! Whats wrong?
Me: They don't know.
Kerrie: I am so sorry Dee I wish I could help in some way
Me: You can bring chocolates???
Kerrie: Sure Dee. I have to go return these disc or watch it with Kyle. See ya.

The line went dead. The doctors were finish and walked out of the room. The nurse tells me I will need surgery on the 16th. Suddenly Alex walks in with the widest....... Smile??? "Guess what?" He asks. "You got a discount on Mexican?" I joked. Because he was supposed to be getting Mexican! "No" he said climbing into the bed. "I made it into Oxford" he said. Oxford is the University we both wanted to go to so we both put in an application. "I got an email" he said grabbing my phone and waving it in front of my face. I grab it and log on to my emails. There was an Oxford email addressed to me!! I open it. Congratulations you have been accepted into Oxford. I sit up quickly. "I made it in" I said in disbelief "We made it in" we both start screaming.  I continue reading "First day is the 16th of..... August" I said lowering my excitement. "Isn't it great" Alex says not knowing what is going through my head.  Tears roll down my cheek. "Whats wrong?" He asks "I have sugery on the 16th." I say. Alex's face drops. Suddenly the doctor comes in. "The disease you have is not contagious.  And it has never been seen before. Your brain isn't talking to the rest of your body." He says. I look at Alex scared and I saw the exact expression on his. I hug him tight. "Well what are the chances of survival." Alex asks "that is unknown" the doctor says. I sart crying. "You have to go to University without me." I say. "It will haunt me if you don't" I say.