Chapter 22

I was allowed out of the hospital for one day to help Alex shop for stuff for university. I was stuck in a wheelchair as I can't feel my legs. We raced down the aisle on my wheelchair. We laughed. Alex bought double of everything. He was convinced I was going to Oxford with him. But I knew I wasn't. Alex is deciding what course to take. I told him to be a doctor after what he did for me but he laughed. He wants to be a biologist.

I continue to tell him to follow his dreams. But he always says I am his dream. He is adorable but he needs to let me go before I explode. I wish I could tell him that. Its so heartbreaking for him and for me. We know more about each other than we know about ourselves. We are like.... Katie and Alex - ology. The study of us. This course includes chemistry and love. Wow I would sign up for that course in a heart beat. "What is happening with the wish list?" Alex asked "Oh well now its a bucket list" I said.

Alex takes me to the hospital for the last time. "Stay in touch?" I ask "Of course" he says kissing me on the forehead. "Enjoy Oxford and hope you find the one" I says "I already found the one. And those Oxford girls have no chance" Alex says. I kiss him. "Good luck in surgery" he says. At that point I was crying "You will make it through" he says. "And will complete the wish list" he says. I knew he was right. But it was clear anything can and may happen.