Chapter 23

I am so nervous Mia sits on my lap on the day of my surgery. "Where is Alex?" Mia asks. "At University" I answer "You should be there." She said she was right. "So why did you let him go without you?" She asks "I don't know" I said "I need more information" she says "When did you get so smart" I said tickling her. She squealed the exact same way I did in the hotel. So I stopped in pain.... pain in my heart. "No sweet talk Missy" She said. She starts death staring me. "Because I didn't want to drag him down with me. I didn't want to hold him down. I had to let him go." I said crying. "Well whatever you do. Get through alive to see him again" she said snuggling up to me "We all need you" she said. That gave me the courage to get through for Mia, Mum, Dad, Lucy, Teddy, Clare, Kerrie....and Alex. Suddenly someone came in with a bunch of flowers. I couldn't see there face as it was covered in flowers. "You thought I would miss this?" Said a familiar voice. Then I knew who it was. I jump out of the bed. The flowers drop revealing Alex. I kiss him. Suddenly another voice said "I wouldn't miss it either." I turn to see Kerrie holding those chocolates she promised me. I ran and hugged her. "We wouldn't miss it either." Mum said with the rest of the family. I start crying. I run up and hug all of them. "I love all of you!" I said. This maybe my death. We all start crying. The doctor comes in and I start shaking. I hold my breath as the needle goes in. "I will be there when you wake up" Alex says "We'll be there when you wake up." Kerrie says. "Yeah" lucy says crying so hard. "If I wake up" I said. "Stop thinking negative Dee" she says. "Plus if you get through" Kerrie says "I have all seasons of Dance Moms and Awkward. Me and Kyle watch it I know what happens" she whispers in my ear. "Sounds good K" I say. I hug her. Then lucy came up "the ball wasn't fun without you" she says hugging me "I know. And I love having a sister who understands what I am going through" I say. "Like what?" Mia says crossing her arms "Puberty, Period" I say. "Hell no. I am not at that stage" she says. We all start laughing. Then mum and dad came. They gave me a hug and were crying. "I will be fine" I say "I know. You are strong" dad says. The twins join the hug. And so dose Mia. Alex walks up. He hugs me tightly. "We still have to name the disease. " he says. "How about Alexander Katherine disease? " i suggest. We laugh and kiss. My last day isn't so bad with family and friends.