Chapter 18: Gone With The Raiders.

Sophie got out of the car with her team, and noticed that the farmer was working on his crops when she got out. The farmer noticed Sophie coming up to him, and placed his guarding tool down next to him.

"You find those Raiders?" the farmer asked. "Yeah, I took care of them," Sophie answered. "No kidding," the farmer commented. "That's the best news we've had around here for a good long time. So, we've been talking, we decided if you came through for us, we'd join up with the Minutemen again. If we want things to get better, we've got to start helping each other. So, we're in. You can count on us if you need help down the line. Thanks again friend." Then the farmer left.

Knowing Sophie helped out, she decided to tell Preston about what she did for the farmer. So, Sophie got back in her car with her husky, and Codsworth, then drove back to Sanctuary Hills. Sophie parked near the bridge, and her group went in to town, where Preston was patrolling the entire block on foot, while the Commonwealth were rebuilding.

Sophie got out of her car to meet up with Preston once she saw him. "You know that settlement you ask me to help?" Sophie asked. "They've decided to join the Minutemen." "That's great news," Preston answered. "I knew you were the right person for the job. By the way, you should have one of these flare guns. You can use it to signal for help from any nearby Minutemen. Not much use yet, but once we have more allied settlements, you'll have help whenever you need it. Sophie then took the flare gun.

Along with the flare gun, Sophie received 10 flares for it to go in. "So, there's something I need to ask you," Preston explained. "I guess you know that I'm one of the last of the Minutemen, but I never really told you what happened to us." "I figured you'd tell me when you were ready," Sophie said. "Have you heard of the Quincy Massacre?" Preston asked. "No," Sophie answered. "I thought everyone in the Commonwealth knew about that by now," Preston explained. "Where the Minutemen betrayed each other, and the people they were suppose to protect. I was with Colonel Hollis's group. A mercenary group called the Gunners was attacking Quincy, the people there called the Minutemen for help." Sophie sat down to hear the rest of Preston's story."

"We were the only ones that came," Preston finished. "The other groups, they just turned their backs. On us, and the folks of Quincy. Only a few of us got out alive. Colonel Hollis was dead. So I ended up in charge of the survivors. We never found a safe place to settle. One disaster after another, you saw how it ended, in Concord." Sophie knew what to do. Before she could find her son, Sophie thought of doing the right thing, and joining the Minutemen, and bringing them back together. "As long as you don't give up, the Minutemen will survive," Sophie said, having Preston smile in front of her. Sophie needed to do help the Minutemen.

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.