Chapter 08: The Search Begins.

Sophie, and Codsworth entered the house which used to be theirs, and they discover that it's been wrecked because of the explosion. All the furniture was no longer usable, and the lights were off in all rooms.

"Perhaps I can whip you up a snack?" Codsworth suggested. "You must be famished." "Codsworth, you're acting a bit weird," Sophie said. "What's wrong?" "Oh mum, it's been horrible," Codsworth explained. "Two centuries with no one to take to. No one to serve. I spent the first ten years trying to keep the floors waxed, but nothing gets out nuclear fallout from vinyl wood. Nothing." Sophie suddenly started to see the destruction around her of the entire house.

"And don't get me started about the futility of dusting the collapsed house," Codsworth said. "And the car, how do you polish rush?" Sophie hugged her robot butler to try, and calm him down. "Stay with me, and focus," Sophie said. "I'm afraid I don't know what happened, mum," Codsworth explained, while he was still hovering.

Codsworth then got in front of Sophie to tell her the situation. "The bombs came, and all of you left in such a hurry," Codsworth explained. "I thought for certain, you, and your family were dead. I did find this holotape. I believe sir was going to present it to you. As a surprise, but then well everything happened." "A holotape?" Sophie asked. "What's on it?" "I believe it's a private message for you," Codsworth answered. "My etiquette protocols would not permit me to play it for myself."

Codsworth then grabbed the holotape from under the desk, and gave it to Sophie. "Any standard holotape reading device should be able to play it back," Codsworth explained. "Oh, like that Pip-Boy on your arm. That should work brilliantly. Now enough feeling sorry for myself. Shall we search the neighborhood together? Sir, and young Shaun may turn up yet." "Have you seen anything dangerous?" Sophie asked. "Oh, just the usual, mum," Codsworth answered. "Pesky neighborhood dogs, and mosquitoes. Shall I investigate?" "There's nothing left here," Sophie said. "It's all gone." "Well if you wish to venture part of the unknown, I won't stop you," Codsworth explained. "I shall guard the neighborhood in your absence." Codsworth then flew off.

As Sophie got up, carrying her baton, and fire arm, she decided on her options. Sophie didn't know where to start, but she wanted to get Shaun back, and kill the scarred man that kidnapped him, so she then decided to have her robot butler help him search. "Lead the way," Sophie said. "Proud to serve, Mum," Codsworth said, and floated out of the house. Sophie followed Codsworth, as they stopped at a couple of houses. The two then saw that they went through more damage, than their own. It's not when Sophie noticed a giant fly in front of her, starting at her with it's 1,000 eyes. Codsworth then chopped it's head off.

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.