Chapter 05: Freezing For The Future.

Sophie, and Nate grabbed their jumpsuits, and boots then got ready to follow the scientist wearing the Pip-Boy around his wrist. "All right, you three," the scientist said. "Follow me." He then walked straight.

"See?" Nate said to Shaun. "This is our new home." "Oh, you're going to love it here," the scientist explained. "This is one of our most advanced facilities. Not that the others aren't great, mind you." As the Nelson's followed the scientist, they passed more Vault guards, and depressed neighbors. "How long do you think we'll be down here?" Nate asked. "Oh we'll be going over all that in orientation. Just a few medical items we have to get through first." Then kept moving.

The Nelson's were now in a room with large capsules. All of the people in the room were changing out of their clothing, and getting into the jumpsuits, and boots they received. "The Vault suit is designed to be fashionable, as well as comfortable," the scientist explained, and stopped at the capsules for both Sophie, and Nate.

The capsules were labeled as "Ice Pods", and people got in them once their Vault suits were on. "Just step in here, and put your Vault suit on," the scientist explained. Sophie then took off her 50s clothing, and placed on the black boots, and jumpsuit, while Nate did the same thing. The two then kissed each other, and got in the "Ice Pods" which would freeze them. "The pod will decontaminate, and depressurize you, before we head deeper in the Vault," the scientist explained. "Just relax."

The doors of the Ice Pods then closed in front of the people in the Vault, having them relax. "Time for a whole new life," Sophie said to herself, then saw her husband, and son in their pod.  The Ice Pods then froze everyone inside them for a long time. Sophie couldn't tell what time it would be, or what the surface looks like now, until she then notice something through her frozen eyes. First was a woman wearing a hazmat uniform, and she was near Nate's Ice Pod. "This is the one, here," she said. With her was a bald man wearing a leather jacket, pants, and was carrying a gun. "Open it," the man said, and the woman opened Nate's pod. Nate unfroze once his pod opened. "Is it over?" Nate coughed asking. "Are we okay?" "Almost," the bald man explained. "Everything's going to be fine.""Come here," the hazmat woman said. "Come here, baby."

The hazmat woman then placed her hands on Shaun, and tried to take him from Nate. "No, wait no," Nate refused. "I got him." "Let the boy go," the bald man said, and pointed his gun at Nate. "I'm only gonna tell you once." "I'M NOT GIVING YOU SHAUN," Nate shouted. The bald man then shot Nate in the head. The hazmat woman then grabbed Shaun, while Nate died. "Goddammit," the bald man commented. "Get the kid out of here, and let's go." The hazmat woman nodded, and took the kid with her, while the bald man looked at Sophie in her pod. "At least we still have the backup," he said, and left the underground.

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.