Chapter 25

Vala nearly skipped towards Naruto's office, the Alteran tablet she'd tried to bribe him with in hand.

She'd actually forgotten about it for a while. At first she hadn't retrieved it because Naruto hadn't seemed overly interested and there was always the chance that she might need it in the future if working with the Empire turned out to be not to her tastes. She couldn't have brought herself to stomp around like those bucketheaded Jaffa for example. Fortunately it hadn't been like that even if she did have to follow the orders of the team leader when she was out in the field. Later on she'd simply forgotten about it in all the excitement of acclimating to this new culture.

And it had been very exciting for her. There was so much fun to be had and so many nice things to have. Admittedly, getting used to the idea that gold and gemstones were considered more or less worthless in the Empire had taken some getting used to, but she could still use them for jewelry and decoration so it was fine.

And the clothes! Vala had always enjoyed wearing well made and sexy clothing, but getting your hands on them was an ordeal and a half when you were a wandering thief. She'd spent two whole days putting together a wardrobe before it had occurred to her that she might have overdone it a bit.

In light of that it was perfectly understandable how a girl might forget about a dusty old stone tablet.

It had eventually trickled back to the forefront of her mind though, and aside from all else, Vala was also an intensely curious person. She'd stolen that tablet from some backwater Goa'uld outpost years ago and had always figured that it must be important even though she couldn't understand a word of what was written on it. Now that she had access to someone that could translate it, she wanted to know what it said!

"Translation time!" She chirped as she barged into Naruto's office.

The intended translator merely raised an eyebrow at her.

Ignoring the implied question, Vala sat herself on the edge of his desk and batted her eyelashes at him as she handed him the tablet. "Would you please translate this for me? I would be very grateful."

"That look would have worked better with a different outfit." Naruto commented as he took it, but made no move to read it.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing now?" Vala asked, looking down at herself and feigning offense.

Skintight black pants made of some kind of material that was both comfortable and good looking and it never got bunched up. A deep purple top that consisted mostly of cloth bands and basically only covered her breasts and small parts of the rest of her torso. A nice pair of boots and a necklace with an amethyst gemstone that matched her top completed the ensemble. She was looking pretty damn good if she said so herself!

"Nothing's wrong with it." Naruto replied, giving her an appreciative once over. "But if you're going to do the batting-eyelashes-while-sitting-on-the-edge-of-a-desk thing, a skirt and blouse combo works a lot better."

"Since when are you an expert on women's fashion." She said haughtily, refusing to admit that he might have a point.

"Do you have any idea how many women I've had sex with on this desk?" He asked her with an amused smirk.

Vala slowly siddled off the desk….and plopped herself sideways into his lap.

"If you were trying to avoid areas of sexual activity, you haven't succeeded." Naruto observed.

"I'm sure you clean yourself more often than you do the desk and you're not as hard." Vala countered.

"Not yet." He quipped.