Chapter 25: Friends?

Fionna POV

I can't stop thinking about Marshall and me. He was my best friend, yes, but for some reason I felt like there was more, which I think is weird. When we didn't speak to each other it was like I couldn't be happy anymore. And that scares me.

Friends don't feel like that and the more I thought about it the more I realized it. But I didn't want to ruin our friendship so I need to get over whatever I'm feeling.

After Marshall and I hung out I got tired and he walked me home but we didn't just simply say 'Goodbye' and leave. We just stood there staring at each other. I almost thought it was going to end with a kiss but NO.

My sister decided to show up and ruin the moment.

I was sort of grateful and mad about her interruption. Happy because I didn't know what to do. If I should've leaned in or not. Mad because now I'll never find out what would've happened if we did kiss.

I couldn't like Marshall. He was a Bad Boy and I'm a Good Girl. Not to mention he's also a player.

But I do.

Marshall POV

I got home about an hour ago. And I was bored out of my mind.

Right after I got home. I thought about my almost kiss with Fionna. I was almost going to kiss her. I couldn't do that. Fionna and I are nothing more than friends.

I was overthinking it so I decided to leave it for now. Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. I went ahead and opened it.

"Ashley?" I asked surprised. Honestly I didn't expect my ex-girlfriend to stand there.

"Can I come in?" she asked.

"Yeah, sure. What do you want?"

"We need to talk," she said.

"About what?"

She ignored my question and went in my living room and sat down on my couch.

"Do you like her?"

"Who?"

"Fionna."

"Of course. She's a very good friend and-" she cut me off.

"You know that's not what I mean. I've seen her with you at school all the time. And every time she's around you there is a spark in your eyes. You really care about her don't you?"

"I care but we're friends nothing more and I don't understand why we're even talking about this right now," I said irately.

"Calm down, will you. Look. I know we're not on the best terms but I do still care about you, alright. You like her and you need to stop being so stubborn and accept that before you lose her. Because I know she likes you, too," she paused, "Trust me."

I didn't say anything and I guess she realized that I wasn't going to either. She stood in front of the door, looked at me one more time and left.

Why is my love life suddenly so interesting to everyone?

Okay so finally I updated another chapter. And decided to add Ashley. I sort of wanted something different so I decided to make her nice. Considering you probably already hate at least two characters.