Chapter 3

Wiping the sweat from her brow while smiling at her handy work, the shop was completely repainted, and the last coat just had to dry. Wiping her hands on her apron, Kaylea cleaned up the shop before looking over a list of things she still needed to do before opening. After going over a few things that would need to be sorted out in the next day or two, her stomach let out a gurgling sound. Clutching her midsection before looking at the time realising how late it had gotten. Pulling off her apron and grabbing her handbag, she quickly ducked out of the shop for some much-needed lunch.

Making her way to the small cafe down the street, the burgundy haired female stepped into the cosy atmosphere heading towards the counter to see what they had to offer. Running her cornflower blue eyes over the menu, deciding it was probably for the best if she ate real food instead of just a cake and coffee. Quickly ordering her late lunch and heading over to an empty table deciding to get coffee and cake before she left.

Finishing up her lunch, she headed over to the counter to order a coffee before heading back to the store. Taking her hot beverage off the lady behind the counter, thanking her before heading out the door. Before she could step outside, she was surprised to see the redhead from across the street just about to push open the door as she opened it. Kirishima was equally surprised to be facing his new neighbour although he wasn't going to waste this opportunity wanting to know about the space she was working on.

Grinning as he rubbed the back of his neck, " hey, it's Kaylea right."

Smiling kindly at the spiky redhead, "hey to you too. Yeah, that right and you're from the tattoo studio correct?"

Shoving his hands his jean pockets, "yeap that's right. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself the other day, but I'm Kirishima."

"it's nice to put a face to a name," giving him a cheeky smirk and watching as a light brush dusted his cheeks.

Chuckling a little not knowing what to say, "so..."

Running her eyes across Kirishima's features as he tried to work out what to say, taking note of his bright red hair sticking out from under a black beanie, his double eyebrow piercing along with lip piercing. His bright red orbs were captivating although they weren't as light his friend Bakugou. "What did you want to ask Kirishima?" taking a sip of her coffee.

Looking over his shoulder before looking back at the woman who was around his age with burgundy hair, "I was just wondering what kind of shop you're going to open."

Her eyes sparkled at the question, "you really want to know?"

"well yeah, who wouldn't want to know," trying to keep himself composed.

"That's a good point. I'm opening --" only to get interrupted just as she was about to answer.

"Oi, shitty hair you were taking that long I had to come find you!" the irritation in Bakugou's voice was evident as he yelled down the street.

The duo standing in front of the coffee shop turned to see the ash-blonde making his way down the footpath with a scowl etched across his face. Kirishima's eyes widen as he remembers what he's supposed to be doing, mumbling out an apology. Kaylea just watched in amusement with a small smirk playing across her lips.

"You were supposed to come straight back," glaring at the redhead as he stood in front of him.

Rubbing the back of his neck, "I know. I just got a bit sidetracked."

The ash-blonde's crimson orbs locked on to the female standing next to his friend, clicking his tongue. "Well stop fucking around your client will be here in ten," trying to keep his voice even.

Nodding his head before turning to Kaylea and waving, "I got to go, but we can talk later okay."

"See you later, Kirishima," smiling while waving back before turning to blonde. "sorry for keeping him."

Glaring down at the short female, "you better be. He has work to do."

Cracking a smile, "apologies, I was only trying to get to know my neighbour."

"Well if you want to get to know any of us do it when we're not working," barking out his reply as his brows mashed together in annoyance.

Chuckling at how angry he was getting, "I'll remember that for next time. well I better be heading back," pointing to the direction she had come from.

Breathing out aggressively as he had to walk back as well, turning around and walking towards his studio, "I need to get back as well."

Holding back a giggle as she took a sip of her now warm drink trailing along beside him. They walked up the street in silence while the blue-eyed female stole a few glances of the ash-blonde trying to take in a few of his features but was finding it difficult since he was close to twenty centimetres taller than her. He was hard to read with the constant scowl present on his face. Deciding it was best just to leave him be today as she said goodbye and crossed the street heading back into her store.

Bakugou watched as she crossed the street with his hands stuffed into his pockets, he wanted to know more about the place the short female was opening up, but he wasn't going to admit that out loud. Scoffing at the blue-eyed female who had caught everyone's attention wondering what she would be doing across the street.