Chapter 13

It had been a week since the incident with Kaylea's mother and in that time her father had called three times. Each time to express how disappointed he was with his only daughter before demeaning her life choices then going on to remind her how they'd disowned Hizashi for poor life choices. Each phone call took it's toll on the young florist to the point where she wanted to pull her hair out. The blue eyed female would pace around her small apartment ranting to herself. Shortly after retreating to her spare bedroom to either draw or paint to ease of the frustration

After speaking with her older brother about the whole situation asking for advice that had been eye opening. They had spent over an hour on the phone talking about how she shouldn't have to choose between family and friends along with what she did to her body. Hizashi then went on about how she should be making her own choices or she's not really living. In the end, he promised to stop by to see her at the end of the week before heading to the Blast Rush Tattoo to see Bakugou.

~~~

Checking the clock on the wall the florist let out a groan at how slow the day was going by, combined with the lack of customer walk ins had her clock watching. Giving herself something to do she walked around the store straightening things on shelves before returning to the wrapping bench. Running a hand through her messy locks as she checked her phone only to notice a message from her brother.

Hizashi: what time you finishing today?

Rolling her eyes as she tapped away at her phone before hitting send.

Kaylea: depends on why?

Hizashi: i'm on my way over so start closing up shop!!!

Kaylea: fine

A small smile formed at the thought of seeing her brother, he always knew how to cheer her up when their parents came down on them. Pushing herself off the counter she quickly started to pack away all the flowers in the cold room. Stepping back into the main room checking to make sure everything was put away before flipping the open sign over to closed and locking the front door. Strolling over to the counter and pulling out her phone to see where her brother was only to hear a tapping on the glass door. Raising her blue eyes she spotted a familiar head of blonde hair.

Skipping to the door and yanking it open before throwing herself at her older brother, "Hiza!"

His arms wrapped around his little sister, "hey Kaylea!"

Stepping back and ushering the grown man inside only then noticing he wasn't alone. Smiling warmly at her brother's partner, "Hey Shouta. How you been?"

The tired man shrugged his shoulders, "same as always."

Tipping her head towards her brother, "he still doing your head in?"

Casting his onyx eyes around the shop, "not any more than usual."

The florist chuckled while Hizashi just whined at the comment.

Running a hand through her messy locks as they stood in the middle of her store, "so what time is your appointment with Bakugou?"

The blonde hoisted himself up to sit on the wrapping bench, "four. so we got a bit of time before that."

Shouta shook his head, "you have five minutes before you have to be there."

Hizashi's eyes widen as he whipped out his phone to check the time. Reading the time he let out a strangled cry, "how?"

Pressing her lips together in an effort to suppress a chuckle, "it's okay we can hang after."

His shoulder's dropped as he grumbled, "but I wanted to spend time with you now."