Chapter 6

The start of the week brought with it some changes to the weather as the temperature slowly started to rise. The florist was excited for the new flowers she'd soon be able to offer people. Her website had picked up while the number of walk-ins was on the climb. Her brother had promised to visit when the store when the window signage was complete promising to bring his partner. Mina had warned Kaylea she would be over in the middle of the week to start the planning and to be prepared with ideas.

~~

Kaylea and Mina were standing behind the wrapping counter, discussing ideas for the front window signage. The pinkette had turned up early bouncing on the balls of her feet clutching a sketchbook and coffee to share. She was ready to work on ideas before opening the studio for the day. Mina was treating this like a new job and had to run through a series of questions although slightly tapered to suit the need of a flower shop.

"Hey Mina," the florist looked down at her hand, nervously, "I have a couple of sketches that I did if you want to see some of my ideas."

Shooting Kaylea a bright smile knowing how nervous people could get when showing off their own work, "show me what you've been working on."

Nodding her head before pulling a sketchbook out from under the counter which had a few loose pages tucked inside. Pulling out a few of the pages and sliding them towards Mina, "these are a few I was working on before."

Opening the neatly folded sheets and laying them flat, Mina wasn't sure what to expect. When her golden eyes landed on the sketch, she was taken back at the messy-haired female's work. She was speechless, "you said you drew these right?"

Nodding her head, "yeah, I did them a while ago."

The pinkette had stars in her eyes as she looked up, "these are amazing Kaylea! I never knew you could draw like this!"

Shifting uncomfortably, "I always enjoyed drawing and stuff so much that I wanted to be an art teacher."

Gripping her shoulder, trying not to shake her too hard while squealing, "tell me more about your style of work."

Chuckling at the fired-up female who was still shaking her shoulders, "alright, I'll tell you only if you stop shaking me."

Stopping her actions but still holding on, "please tell me!"

The burgundy haired female never really got to speak to anyone about her style or who inspired her so speaking with Mina truly brightened her day. The duo spent a decent amount of time discussing the topic before finally getting back on track.

"That's everything I need for now," picking up her sketchbook while eyeing the florist's sketches. "can I hold on these for a bit."

"Sure," looking away from Mina, she noticed the ash-blonde approaching the studio. "um Mina," pointing towards the male.

"what?" spinning only to let out a scream, "shit is it that late already! I have to go."

Giggling at Mina's reaction to seeing her boss, "thank you for today, Mina." Watching her dart out the door with only a wave.

Cleaning up the counter Kaylea puther sketchbook back underneath before resuming her work. She was eager to see what Mina would create and how it would look transferred onto the front window. Humming a tune as she kept working on an order that needed to be completed by the end of the day.

Bakugou was furious at Mina, she was supposed to open the studio up today and had even given her the keys. When he arrived at the studio, it was still locked up and seeing Mina darting across the street holding her sketchbook the sight made his blood boil. Gritting his teeth together, spitting out, "why the fuck isn't the studio open."