Chapter 2

Standing in front of the empty store window looking into the barren shop, smiling proudly at sold sticker plastered over the for sale sign. She had always wanted to be her own boss by opening her own business and was now making headway into that dream. Opening the front and stepping inside, looking over the bland walls, she planned to fill the whole place with colour. The floor was all timber and just needed a good scrub before she started to bring in furniture. Taking a deep breath, she knew it was going to be a mission to get this place up and running, even though it seemed daunting it was going to be worth it.

Stepping out of the now clean building and taking a quick look across the street at the busy shop. After stopping by yesterday, she was extremely interested in their work. Growing up, her family had always frowned upon tattoos and people who got them making them out to be delinquents or gang members. Though she knew it was a fine art draw something amazing then transfer it to someone's skin, it had been something that had always fascinated her.

Locking up and heading to where her car's parked knowing tomorrow was going to be a hard day painting and hopefully a few larger items get placed. Opening the car door, her eyes caught a glimpse of bright crimson orbs watching her from across the street. Looking past the signage on the window, she spotted the ash-blonde, observing her with a neutral expression. Giving him a small wave before getting in her car and heading home.

~~~

Bakugou watched as Kaylea climbed into her car and drove off scoffing at how carefree she was. Looking back down at the sketch he was working on only to have Kirishima nosily roll over to his desk and lean on his shoulder.

"So what do you think?" the redhead questioned curiously.

"of?" the blonde not taking his eyes off his work.

"our new neighbour?" cheekily smiling to see how his mate would react.

Roughly shoving him off his shoulder, scowling at him, "do some fuckin' work instead of bugging me for a change."

Ignoring his response, he continued to talk, "I like her she seems nice. She seems different. I wonder what Mina and Kaminari think of her."

"Pinky is probably going to be all over her while dunce face will probably be a creep," summarising in a bored tone at how the two other members of the shop will act when they meet the new store owner.

Tapping his chin in thought as he pondered Bakugou's answer, "probably."

Eyeing his work so far and calculating what needed to be adjusted as he quietly mumbled to himself. The redhead looks past their window into the empty shop wondering what kind of store the blue-eyed female would be opening.

"Do you know what type of shop she's opening?" Kirishima titled his head slightly to try and work out what he could see her doing. "I think she's creative just from the look of her," chewing on his lip in thought.

"She didn't say anything when she came in," remembering how she had just casually walked in. "What does it matter what she does," turning slightly to glare his friend.

Pouting at his reply before perking up, "I could see her as a florist or maybe something cool like an art teacher or even a photographer."

Snorting at his friend trying to work out what Kaylea's job was, "she didn't look that impressive to be any of those."

"But you never know," still trying to push that their new neighbour had some kind of creative job.

Rolling his eyes knowing how the redhead got with his theories, "fuck who cares what she does."

Huffing his chest out and pointing at himself, "I do. I want to know."

Feeling his eyes twitch, "just fuckin' ask her when you see her next."

Not paying any attention to the blonde's outburst, "thanks, man! that's a great idea."

"Whatever," turning around and ending the conversation by picking up his pencil to add more detail to his sketch. Pushing all thoughts of the blue-eyed woman out of his mind knowing he had enough to think about not needing some chick clouding his thoughts.