Chapter 5

It was the start of a new week, and the weather was finally starting to warm up as the summer was slowly approaching. Bakugou clad in his usual black ripped skinny jeans, converse and jacket with a tight-fitting tee underneath. He followed his regular routine of buying a coffee and muffin before heading up the street to the tattoo studio to open up for the day. Something bright is his peripheral vision caught his attention, turning his head slightly to see the source. His crimson orbs landed on something he hadn't expected and open sign on the shop across the street. Turning on the spot, his surprise evident across his face not expecting to see the flower shop open.

Without a second thought, Katsuki was crossing the street and pushing the door into the flower shop open. Taking a few steps inside only to scrunch up his nose as his sense of smell was assaulted by overpowering floral scents. Glancing around, he noticed a variety of different flowers in pots scattered around a station where cutting tools and wrapping paper were held along with the register.

"Oi, shortie you here," the blonde called out loudly only to hear a thud and some choice words before the sound of feet shuffling.

Stumbling out from the back room rubbing her hip cursing Bakugou for startling her. Looking up at the ash-blonde now standing uncomfortably in the middle of her shop caused her to chuckle, "hey neighbour, what are you doing here?"

Running his crimson orbs over her hip, wondering how bad she'd hurt herself. He would have asked if she was okay, but he could really care less if he was honest with himself, "get a door buzzer."

Pursing her lips knowing he was right, "it's on the list of things to get."

Bakugou's eyes moved around the shop again, "when did you get all this shit in here?"

Chuckling at his bluntness, watching his eyes flicker around, "my brother and his partner gave me a hand to finish things up."

Giving her a nod before turning to the large window, "who's doing your window signage?"

Turning to look and the blank window pursing her lips, "I'm not sure yet, why?"

Making his way towards the door in an attempt to escape the floral scent, "your shop needs it, so get it done."

Pouting her bottom lip not expecting that answer, "thanks." Watching him open the shop door and inhale deeply as he stepped outside, "see ya."

"yeah bye," the blonde nodded before making his way across the street to open the studio up for the day.

Releasing the breath she'd been holding not understanding why he'd even come into the shop in the first place. Cornflower blue eyes followed temperamental male as he crossed the road before she turned around to inspect the damage caused by dropping the box.

~~~

Kaylea's first day had been busier than expected with online orders and walks in coming through the door constantly. Everyone seemed excited to see a florist in the small town and kept telling the blue-eyed owner how they would be letting their friends know. She was ecstatic to hear this kind of feedback it was reassuring it know she'd done the right thing. Slowly moving the flowers into the cold room before it got too late, Pausing for a moment as the sound of the front door opening caught her attention.

"Hello~," a feminine voice rang out through the shop.

Wiping her hands as she stepped out of the cold room spotting a lean pink-haired female, "hi, how can I help you?"

"I'm Mina I work across the street," pointing towards the tattoo studio.

Recognising her now from the other week, "Hey, yeah, I saw you when I popped past the other week. I'm Kaylea by the way."