Chapter 12

The sunlight filtered through the gaps in the curtains hanging above the burgundy haired female's bed indicating it was still morning. Kaylea released a groan as her eyes fluttered open eyes before quickly snapping them shut, her head throbbed in protest as she rolled over burying her head in the pillow. Cursing herself for getting carried away with Mina and the others as they celebrated getting her first wedding gig. Squinting at her overly bright phone, the hung over florist tried to read the time. Blinking a few times before her eyes could clearly read the numbers on the screen. Her eyes widen realizing it was already nine o'clock.

Quickly pushing herself out of bed she stumbled around trying to get dressed and ready for work. Letting out a string of curse words as she stubbed her toe on the edge of the couch on her way to the kitchen. Hobbling through the small apartment she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror hanging on the living room. Letting out an aggravated sigh as she took in the birds nest that was her hair along with the dark bags under her eyes and pasty skin. Debating for a moment if she should put on some make up to look some what presentable. Ducking into the bathroom and grabbing a few things including a scrunchy. Pulling her messy hair into a bun she headed for her car.

Getting to the store, she quickly unlocked the place before flipping the sign to read open. Dumping her things in the back room while letting out another groan as she realized she had skipped breakfast which included missing out on a large coffee. Puffing out her cheeks in defeat as she stepped into the cool room to grab out bunches that were already made up from the previous day. Positioning them in their designated buckets before heading back into the backroom to tidy herself up and start her laptop to check if any orders had been placed.

Hearing the door chime ring out the short female made her way to the front of the store with a tight smile plastered on her face. Her fake smile dropped as she spotted the familiar bubbly pinkette approaching the counter. Leaning her arms on the counter with a cheeky smirk, "come to see the damage?"

Mina's golden eyes shone with mischief as leaned on the opposite side of the counter, "i come to see how the light weight was doing this morning."

Letting out a groan as she rubbed her face, "i didn't even realize how much i drank last night." Lifting her head as she inspected the pinkette's heavy make up. Pursing her lips for a moment before letting out a light chuckle knowing she wasn't the only one suffering today, "so apart from coming to see how hung over me is going... is there anything else i can help you with?"

Running a hand through her messy short locks, "nothing really." Shrugging her shoulders, "so you just open up?"

Nodding her head, "yeah. i didn't wake up till nine."

Biting her lip as she tried to hide her laugh, "so did you have fun last night?"

Her brow scrunched together trying to recall the events of last night, pursing her lips as her mind struggled with the clouded memories. letting out a sigh, "to be honest i don't remember much of last night."

Snickering at the response, "you're such a light weight."

Rolling her neck, "maybe just a tad."

"so did you even eat this morning?" already knowing the answer before the blue eye female could answer.

Pouting her lips, "nope."

Mina patted Kaylea's reddish brown locks with a sympathetic smile, "how about i get us some super strong coffee and chocolate cake?"

Shaking her sore head, "i couldn't ask that of you."

Rolling her eyes, "it's the least i can do after last night. plus i don't start for another forty minutes."