Ideals Route [5]

As you're about to head for Pinwheel Forest, Lenora runs up to you.

She looks quite concerned. "Y/N! You won't believe this. Something was stolen from the museum."

You gasp. "What?"

"I assume one of those grunts took it during the chaos. It was one stone from a pair of stones. I don't know the use for it, but if it's valuable enough to steal..." She shakes her head and hands you a rough black stone the size of your hand. "I was going to entrust this to Cheren, but it looks like he's already left. Can you tell him what happened next time you see him?"

"Sure," you say, taking the stone.

"Thanks so much." Lenora gives you a thumbs-up. "I need someone to take care of this in case it gets stolen too. Now, I better get back to the Gym. Good luck!"

You put the stone in your pocket as she runs off.

Who could have stolen the other stone? It doesn't look like something Team Plasma would be interested in. After all, they did say they wanted a dragon skull.

You remember running into N near the museum.

You head into Pinwheel Forest, a small section of woods known to be twisty and confusing to navigate.

Servine is alert, turning on any rustle in the bushes it hears.

You two take the long way through, so you can see more Pokémon and scan them with your Pokédex.

It's also much prettier than it would have been if you took the straight path. The sunlight shines through tree leaves, making the grass seem brighter in some spots. It must have rained recently too, as there are puddles here and there.

It's very quiet, considering the amount of Pokémon living here.

Quiet and still.

Peaceful.

After going up a couple hills and traversing through large logs, you find the end of Pinwheel Forest and the entrance to Skyarrow Bridge.

Servine shakes itself off, then climbs onto your shoulder. It's a little heavy, but it falls asleep draped across both your shoulders, looking quite comfy, so you leave it.

When you come out the other side of the gate to Skyarrow Bridge, the sunlight is almost blinding. Your eyes adjust, and it's blue all around you; the clear blue sky beside the ocean, light reflecting off the water.

The bridge itself is quite impressive too, made of tall steel beams that rise several stories above you.

On the horizon you can see the cityscape of Castelia City, the biggest city in the whole Unova Region.

You gently poke Servine's snout. "Hey buddy, look at this."

It blinks slowly, then nearly falls off you with surprise.

"Pretty, isn't it?"

Servine nods, then scrambles around to look at the scenery.

You walk slowly so it can look.

"Vine!" it says, bumping its head against yours.

That was adorable.

You give it a little pat on its forehead and keep going.

When you get to Castelia, you're baffled by how crowded it is. You return Servine to its Pokéball just in case it gets lost.