CHAPTER 4

That was the last time I held Jisoo to sleep because a month after that night, she moved out of the apartment.

I figured it would happen sooner than later since she stayed with her fiancé the nights prior to her officially moving out. With our college years basically over and us just waiting for our graduation ceremony, there was absolutely no reason left for her to stay.

Roseanne went back to her parents' place, so I had no choice but to vacate our residence for three and rent this new apartment I found near my workplace.

It took a lot of getting used to, even more than I care to admit. The separation anxiety I experienced was the total worst. As much as I love being alone, it's extremely lonely not having them around, but I know the distance away from Jisoo was what I needed the most.

But, Jisoo not being physically present didn't help much either since every time I'm alone with my thoughts, which I mind you is pretty often than not in a place where you stay alone, the thoughts of her plague me.

Fortunately, I have my job to distract myself with which helped a lot to silence my mind; to silence her raspy voice and laugh I randomly sometimes hear; to stop the film of our memories, triggered by the stuff that reminds me of her, from playing over and over in my head.

When I said it's easy for me to move on, I found out the hard way that she's an exception because I've already cried myself dry for more days and nights than I can count, but the sorrow and pain still remained so I've accepted the fact that this isn't something I can rush; that my heart will take its sweet time to heal.

Six months have passed since I discovered the deep-rooted love I had for Jisoo and I'd like to think I've at least made progress.

"Lisa? Lisa! Are you still there?"

I sigh internally when my mum drags me back from my wandering thoughts. She's never stopped bothering me since I graduated, I just kind of zone out most of the time now.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"I asked why won't you just come home?" Every time she calls, she never fails to ask the same damn thing. I'm so tired of it that I can't stop a grunt from escaping me which pretty much obviously pissed her off. "Lalisa Manoban!"

I flinch at her using my whole name which is an already proven indication that she's about to go off and she will not stop once she's started so I put her on mute, mostly for self-care. I have just gotten back, exhausted from a whole day shoot under the scorching sun, so the last thing I need is for her to add more stress to this godforsaken day.

I turn the volume back on after a while and just as I thought, she still hasn't stopped blabbering. My eyeballs almost pop out of their sockets when I roll my eyes. If any of y'all higher beings is real, now's the time to prove yourselves. I'm begging.

Someone knocks on my door without delay, which startles me out of my skin and... out of my couch too.