The First Knot (Chapter 1)

Everything was washed by the bright lights hanging from the ceiling, it took Ruki a while to adjust his eyes and remember where he was. However, the voice in his dream was still in his ears as if the girl was singing right next to him. He must have looked confused because Reita was looking at him puzzled. Ruki realized he was asking something.

Ruki: I am sorry, what did you say?

Reita: I asked if you were okay. You look a bit confused.

Ruki held the bridge of his nose between his two fingers and pinched. 

Ruki: Yeah, yeah I am okay. I just could not figure out where I was for a second. Must have been sleeping very deeply.

Reita: I think you were dreaming. 

Uruha came out of the toilet and joined into the conversation.

Uruha: I thought you promised that you will save some energy for tonight. We wanted to celebrate.

Ruki smiled tiredly. 

Ruki: I know I know. I am sorry. I could not help but check a few things for this and that and... Ended up sleeping late last night. By the way, you said I was dreaming, was I speaking or something? 

Reita: Uh... no, more like smiling. What were you dreaming?

The dream just came back in like a flood. 

Ruki: I think it is more like a memory, which if I tell, will make me sound narcissistic. 

He smirked at Reita and hoped he wouldn't ask more. 

Reita: So what was it? 

Ruki: Ohh... well, the thing is I don't know why but, there is this girl in my neighbourhood. She has red curly hair and has this red cargo bike. I see and hear her quite often if I am taking Koron for a walk. She sings our songs while biking. I never met her and I do not want to either like it would be weird. 'Hello, I am the guy who wrote that song.'. 

Both Reita and Uruha started laughing loudly.

Reita: So you are seeing a pretty girl sing your songs back at you in your dream and get turned on by it? 

Uruha: That is narcissistic.

Ruki must have looked confused because Uruha started laughing more and pointed towards Ruki's crotch which was bulging. Ruki turned around and grabbed the pillow he was laying on before and put it in front of his crotch to cover it which made Reita laugh more.

Reita: It is not something we have not seen before.

Ruki pouted.

Ruki: I know. It is just a tiny bit embarrassing considering it is from a dream in the middle of a changing room. I also do not know if the girl is pretty or not. I just see her back all the time.

Reita: Ohh you are a narcissist!

Ruki laughed back at him and threw the pillow to his face. Then he saw Kaoru coming into the room.

Ruki: Okay, okay I am awake now and I think that is my signal to get my make-up and all. By the way, they said there was something special today on the show. It is not just us, right? 

Uruha: Ughh... I think there was a model coming in that is always on the show.

Reita: What was it? Oh! Apparently it is also her birthday today.

Kai came into the room with a lot of papers in his hand and he was talking to the host of the show. The host was a relatively young guy that everyone loved and he was known for teasing his guests.