Journey (Chapter 13)

Ruki got out of the gate and was faced with a crowd of people walking with their luggage left and right and many people were waiting for their loved ones at the exit. He felt disoriented and confused. He walked a bit far away from the crowd and found an open area where he can look for Benjamin. He saw a group of people by a blue-grey machine under an electronic table which he assumed were for the flights. So he decided to walk there as this was the only open area he could see other people passing by- When he got close to the screen, he realised they were for trains. Had the walked the wrong way out and got connected to the train line? He was extremely tired and felt lost, he fished his phone out of his bag and was about to find Benjamin's number when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to find the red-haired man smiling at him.

Benjamin: Sorry, sir I am late. I could not find a place to park the car.

Ruki: Thank god you are here, I am so confused.

Benjamin: Kastrup is not the prettiest airport. Shall I take your luggage?

Ruki: It is okay, I can carry it.

Benjamin: Follow me, sir. She will be so happy to see you.

Ruki pulled his luggage and followed Benjamin out of the crowd to the outside of the building where he was met by blue sky and hot air.

Ruki: You did not tell her, right?

Benjamin: No, I did not. She still thinks you are coming in two days. You are lucky with the weather. A beautiful 27 degrees, sun all week long.

Ruki: How did you get away? Is it not normal weather for the time of the year?

Benjamin: I said I needed to get something for my wife, a special gift. Since she is at home for the evening, she said I should go. The weather here, it does not follow seasons really. A bit pain in the ass. I will put your luggage in sir, you can just sit. Wrong side, sir.

Ruki had walked to the wrong side of the car as he was used to the Japanese ones, he always got confused whenever they came to Europe. The car was a black SUV and the car looked very strong and intimidating. Benjamin sat next to him and started the car.

Ruki: Whose car is this?

Benjamin: Company car sir. Thora would never choose a good boy like this. Only if she did I would fee safer letting her drive. But here, she has no other choice but be driven around. Well, there are bikes but, the house is too far away for one to just bike to the city.

Ruki: How far?

Benjamin: 40 mins with the car. A little less, since we are out of the city. Sir, he is at the house by the way.

Ruki: Today you mean?

Benjamin: Yes, but he has been staying there for a few days. I kept a good eye on him.

Ruki: You do not like him?

Benjamin: It is not my place to like him or not, it is also unprofessional. She likes him so I have to see him, and I have to admit for a while it was nice to know she had him around, he is a big guy and intimidates most people away, it makes your job easier as security. But, I am also aware that he is married and could break her heart. I have nothing against the guy except the fact he is a cheater.

Ruki: That's a big no-no.

Benjamin: He did not have to drag her in his problems is all I am saying. So I am happy you are back and he can leave.

Ruki: Why is he even staying?

Benjamin: She did not want to go down to the city and it is far for him so he decided to stay.