Retrial (Chapter 7)

Ruki got startled by the loud banging at his door. He could hear it through the music blasting in his earphones. He took them off and walked to the door, Koron followed suit. When Ruki opened the door Reita busted in with an angry face.

Reita: What the fuck are you doing? She has been waiting for you.

Ruki just looked at the floor, to his socks. 

Reita: You don't tell her or us that you are not coming and just let Kaoru know because you know he will not question. 

It was the date they were supposed to go to Thora's house for a stay-over and movie night. She was good at pushing them to take a break and do other things than just talk music. Over the years they had dropped meeting outside of the work requirements. Not because they did not enjoy each other's company but things just developed that way. Today he was supposed to go to Thora but he dreaded the conversation after 3 months so he said he was working. Only to Kaoru, just because he knew, as Reita said, he would not question it. He had only asked if he was sure and Ruki just said he was sure, "this has to be done by tomorrow", was what he had said. 

Reita: She cried. 

Ruki: What?

Reita: I went there and Kai was there already. We joked how you were always late even if it was like a step away from you. She had set these bowls and small beds with blankets all around the house for Koron. She looked really happy. Did you know she had a haircut? 

No, he did not know. He had avoided her when she first reached out. 

Reita: Then comes Kaoru and he sees the beds and bowls and he goes, "Oh he did not tell you? He said work came up and he could not make it.". Then she asked, "did he say he could not make it, or he does not want to make it? ". Kaoru just said, "could not". He was confused as much as we were. Because you said nothing. She tensed up and said she would collect the bowls and picked some of them, spilt some water and got super angry at herself. She went to the utility room she had next to the kitchen. I went behind her to help her. I found her crying. She was hunched over the sink was crying. Not like a tear fell. She was full-on crying. I had taken her for a non-crier. So what the fuck?

All his organs were in protest in the last three months since he fucked up. Now they were shouting back at him. He had made her cry. "You moron", he thought to himself. Now you really lost her, she should never forgive you. 

Ruki: I did something stupid and... Look, it is a long story. I fucked up would be the short version. I let my insecurities and bad experiences get the best of me. 

Reita: Well, you are about to lose the girl so go pack your bag or I will pack your ass.

Ruki: Why are you angry?

Reita: I am angry because you did not say anything, I knew something was off. On top of that, you went around us to Kaoru. Also... Emi became good friends with Thora and she had told me that she thinks Thora loves you, like for real. I know you love her too, and it frustrates me to see you are fucking up the things with a girl that is most likely THE ONE for you.

Ruki: She probably hates me.

Reita: I would agree with her if she started hating you right now. Sometimes, you can be annoying.