Interlude (Chapter 14)

After coming back from Denmark both Ruki and Thora fell back into their old rhythm and got lost in their work. Besides the live they were also working on a new album which made him even busier. Thora on the other hand had not gone back to TV and modelling work actually, she had thrown herself into remodelling the home and designing a new layout. She also took over the work on Ruki's old apartment to turn it into a studio he could use. She did a few interviews here and there but nothing big. Whatever time he could steal, he would spend it with Thora. They both have always been conscious of going out together as she was always recognised and people always tried taking their pictures and uploading it online. The first year they started going out together they went shopping together and someone had recognised her and took their picture. They both had a lot of problems due to that picture so it has always been a hassle to go out together. However, in Denmark, no one bothered them and they had enjoyed the ability to spend time together freely. So they said fuck it and went to movies and cafes without trying too hard to hide.

Before Halloween, he took Thora to Kanagawa as he wanted to talk with his parents and there was a chance where Thora could meet the Kagurakos. His brother's car was already there so when they parked the car, two small faces appeared at the door and as soon as Thora got off the car they ran to her.

Ruki: I feel forgotten. I am the uncle.

Thora: Sorry.

They heard Maki shouting behind the girls, " Leave her alone!" and she appeared at the entrance with a small baby boy in her arms.

Maki: I am sorry, they will just no--

Thora: No, no it is okay.

Thora grabbed Hinano and carried her inside in her arms and stroke the baby's cheek as she passed. Minami held her other hand and followed her.

Maki stood at the door with an open mouth and then stared at Ruki, "What happened to her?"

Ruki shrugged, "Change of heart? How are you?"

Maki: Oh fine, life with three kids, not fun let me tell you that. Are you being followed?

He looked behind and saw Benjamin standing next to a car far away from them.

Ruki: Him? He is a big-time stalker.

Maki: What? Shall I call the police?

Ruki: No, I was joking. Never mind him.

He walked her inside and closed the door. His dad and brother were grilling food in the garden and the girls had dragged Thora out there as well. They asked her to dance with them. His mother was sitting at the porch and watching them.

Ruki: Hello.

Mrs Matsumoto: Oh there you are.

Ruki: Hi mom. How are you?

Mrs Matsumoto: A bit tired, I had some cold this week, still feeling tired from it.

Ruki: Shouldn't you be inside then?

Mrs Matsumoto: I am warm, I have tea. I was watching the girls play.

Maki sat next to them, "They did not let her sit down and rest for a second, did they?", she asked as she let the baby down and the little boy slowly crawled on Ruki. He did not see the kids that often and he was probably very interesting for the baby with his earrings and all. The little boy smiled at him.

Ruki: I doubt so they let her sit. Hello Ryo. How are you, little man?

He tickled the little boy and let him sit on him and watched the girls with Thora.