The Second Knot (Chapter 2)

The "party" was at one of Ruki's favourite restaurants which did truly surprised him because he did not expect any of the guys to remember it as he did not tell them about it that much. The restaurant was opened up by two French and Italian friends and they offered both cuisines, however, they would both have their own days. Today was a Thursday so it should have been the French cuisine but Ruki preferred the Italian cuisine most of the time. As soon as he got out of the car, without him noticing, his eyes started o search for Thora but he did not know what her car looked like or if she actually came. Upon entering the restaurant he looked all over and he could feel Kai in front of him was also looking for her which gave him a stomachache. The waitress smiled at them and started to show them to their private area which was a room located upstairs so the normal guests and party guests or special guests could have some freedom and privacy. Just before the stairs, Ruki's eye caught a red hair and he stopped immediately. It was Thora standing in front of the kitchen door with a black apron on her and waving at him to come closer. Aoi also saw her.

Aoi: I think she is calling you Taka.

Ruki: Me? Are you sure?

Aoi: Well, she is not making eye contact with us. 

Thora had decided Ruki was not getting the signal or that he was taking too long so she walked towards the group. Kaoru had redone her hair in a loose bun and small red curls were coming loose from the bun. She had also changed her lipstick and now had a very red lipstick on which made her full lips even more attractive. "Stop thinking that" Ruki thought. 

Thora: I heard you really like the food here. 

Ruki: Me? Oh yeah.

Thora: Well, it is your birthday and if you want to, you could meet Matteo. 

Ruki: Who is Matteo?

Thora: He is the chef. He is the Italian chef.

Ruki: Uhm.. It is French night tonight.

Aoi: Oh.. is it? Poor Italian chef came here for nothing then. 

Ruki turned around to him.

Ruki: You got the Italian chef?!

Aoi grinned.

Ruki: Oh I do want to meet him!

Thora pointed him to follow her. 

Ruki: Ugh... How do you know the chef? 

Thora: My father and the chef were really good friends. We used to have dinner every Friday here. You know, all foreigners kinda connect with each other.

Ruki: So you also have free access to the kitchen? 

Ruki pointed at her apron. Thora shrugged and smiled. 

Thora: Well.. Since we met only 8 hours or so ago I did not know I was going to be invited to your birthday party.

Ruki: It is not really a party but...

Thora: Does it matter? Anyways, I thought I could help with the dessert or something as a gift and to say thank you for inviting me. 

Ruki's stomachache got worse. He realised that he fell for her the moment he saw her looking at him and felt that he was naked but now it felt like he was stuck in a cobweb that got denser and denser around him. Why did he end up liking her so much knowing Kai was interested in her? He wondered how serious Kai was if she was giving him a stomachache or a skip of the heartbeat as he, himself felt every time she smiled. He pushed himself away from the thoughts and followed Thora into the kitchen while thinking to himself "be friends with her, friends only.".