Ch-27 In Search Of The Truth

Aro Volturi stood in their study skimming through books of different covens and their histories.

Near him Caius was already engrossed in previous letters of communication between the Volturi and Basim Khan, the leader of the Indian coven.

With their backs straight and their heads high were Jane, Alec, Felix, Demetri, Matteo, Renata, Santiago, Chelsea and Afton and some other lower ranking members of the Guard.

They were waiting for Marcus before they could commence with this meeting.

The last king pushed open the doors of the study and with sophisticated steps walked to his brothers.

"Has she slept?" Caius asked him referring to Celine.

He nodded. "She was still a bit sour about not being allowed here. It's best if we get with this quickly."

"That is our intention." Aro said before closing the book in his hand and turned to face his Guard.

"I can assume you all know of our previous encounters with Basim and his coven?"

The majority nodded while some of the newer members shook their heads.

"For those who don't, the Indian coven is also powerful like our own. They are much more younger than ours and was first created by Basim Khan during the Persian Empire in India. Most of their members are gifted.

We were allies before...until he started creating more and more vampires.

He wanted someone as similar to Jane or Alec and he finally got what he wanted.

His newest addition as in for 500 years is Korashia. We have not yet seen the girl but she is said to be highly gifted.

She can conjure illusions from fear to joy and can do it on as many as hundred people making her the most lethal weapon that he has.

He has kept her a secret and does not share any information other than the name."

Aro then picked up a rough pencil sketch of a man who has said to have seen the girl and this was what he gave them.

He gave it to Jane and after she memorized it, she passed it down to the others until it reached Alec, he had some sort of a weird emotion when he saw the sketch.

He gave it back to Aro and the king set it down with the rest of his documents but couldn't help but notice the expression on the boy's face but chose not to comment on it.

"There are threats of wars between our covens though it has quite loosened since your Queen has come.

Today, I called you here to talk not just about the Indian coven but the Egyptian and Romanian one too."

Everyone, even Marcus and Caius looked at Aro in confusion.

"What do you mean?" The blonde king asked.

"The night that Celine came here, we did some research of our to find more about her. We payed a visit to dear Geraltine.

When Matteo broke her shield and I saw through her memories, I saw more than just about Celine.

I saw through her entire plot." He grinned.

"She was planning a rebellion with the Egyptian and Romanian coven prior to the weeks we found Celine.

The Indian coven had rejected them and I have to say that Basim has gotten smart enough to deny their request."

"So what is our real subject we've come to talk about?" Marcus asked. He was a little bored when Aro was just taking turns first saying the Indian coven was powerful but the Egyptians and Romanian were planning to overthrow them.