Ch-36 Angel Has Fallen

Four days have passed since the battle in the ballroom with the Indian coven.

The remaining members of the coven were executed. Though being one of the most powerful covens in the world, they were no match for the Volturi.

Celine was now sitting in the library writing down the events of the battle in detail. Writing was a new habit she'd developed over the past days that Marcus had suggested.

It helped in clearing her head about topics whether it may be about executions, her feelings or even about daily activities with the Guard.

It was peaceful, yes but for Celine there were a few holes still left opened.

For instance, Geraltine and Matteo had disappeared after the fight.

Aro, Marcus and Caius didn't send a full blown search party for the two. Aro was a little sour about losing Matteo, because it meant losing one of his greatest assets that made the Volturi powerful.

Celine also missed him very much. He was an annoying little brother to her and she also missed her mother very much.

She also had a suspicion that Matteo could be the ally or 'Apollo' that her mother was talking about.

They were very similar in nature and though she didn't know the status of their relationship, they would make good friends and she had noticed it in the fight.

In short, Celine hoped that Geraltine and Matteo were safe.

The stories Geraltine told Celine before they were attacked were still on her head but Celine looked at the bigger picture.

Everyone was at wrong in the situation and there were clear signs of foul play. She didn't tell her mates about this and chose to handle it on her own.

To understand more, she needed to research the Romanian coven.

That however would only begin in a few more days as she wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet since the big battle.

On other matters, a few hours after the battle was over, Celine went to check in on Korashia and Alec.

Alec was too scared and sent her back to sleep when she woke up. Twice. Celine had to force him to not do it and the girl finally woke up by the second day.

Caius was very angry at the fact she had let Korashia live even though she was Alec's mate.

Marcus was more sympathetic to the situation when he sensed her bonds with Alec.

It was strained, Alec was too mad at her to speak with her even for a few minutes.

Korashia also had the fear of being touched by people for some reason, she covered her body from neck to toe  and didn't want to reveal her skin, not even to Celine. She rarely ever spoke and everyone almost thought she was mute and the girl just never smiled.

After much convincing, she let Aro see through her memories and he looked very deflated and sad. When asked about it, he didn't tell it to any one but welcomed her.

The girl slowly started to talk to Jane and was more comfortable around her. Jane concluded she had a very rough past, similar to the two of them.

On hearing she was Alec's mate, she was even more nicer and open to Korashia. Though, Alec didn't even bother to talk to her, she found solace in Jane and Celine.

So now Celine was in the library, Jane was reading a version of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' while occasionally glancing at Korashia who was reading 'Three Ghost Stories'.