44. When The Past Comes Back To Haunt You

Seattle Washington, December 24 1990

(Chris is 26, Andi is 20)

CHRIS: "Babe...? Baby...? Andi - "

"Ok, ok, I'm coming, hold on," She calls as I wait at the bottom of the stairs for her.

My beautiful incredibly gorgeous wife then emerges from the bedroom and quickly runs down the stairs flipping those dark curls out of her face while she rolls up the sleeve to her red plaid button up shirt with her Pantera tank top underneath, looking like the Metal goddess she is. She finally arrives at the bottom of the stairs and drops down on the last step to tie up her Doc Martens.

"I said I was finishing up downstairs and then we were heading out," I chuckle.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry I couldn't decide on a shirt," She says looking down and tying up her boot, her curls falling down around her.

"What else is new?" I smirk as I watch her switch to her other boot.

"You shush," She smirks back as she brushes off her plain black leggings and flips her curls again to look up at me with those deep dark eyes. She rises from the step, moves closer to me and I lean down to her pressing my lips to hers. Just as she is about to pull away, my hand slips to the small of her back pressing her back to me and she softly giggles against my lips.

"I thought we were leaving?" She says against my lips as she places her hands on my chest.

"You shush," I say with a sly chuckle and press my lips back to hers. If there is one thing I can't resist, it's those beautiful lips on mine... among other things.

"Ok, so before you blame me for making us more late, we should get going," She giggles as she pulls away from me. I groan a little and lean in placing a quick on her neck, then she makes her way over to the front door, grabbing her leather jacket as I follow.

"Oh wait, Christmas presents?" She says turning around quickly to see me standing right behind her as she untucks her curls from her jacket.

"Already in the truck babe," I grin at her. She then pats down her jacket hesitating for a moment while I move to open the door.

"Maybe I should change my shirt?" She says.

"No babe, you look fine... it's just my brother and his girlfriend," I say.

"No I know -wait I thought we were going to your mom's for Christmas," She says turning to look up at me.

"Tomorrow... tonight it's Peter's first, then we're heading over to Layne's," I say. I swear I told her so many times but she seems to keep forgetting.

"Right... right sorry... um... where is my...?" She trails off looking away and scanning the living room.

"...what?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"... my... um you know...my bag?" She says and walks back over to the couch.

"It's right here babe," I say gesturing to the hook on the wall beside the door where she normally hangs it up. She turns back to me throwing her hands up and laughing to herself as she grabs it from the hook. "Are you ok?" I add.

"Yea why?" She asks as she slings it around her shoulder once again untucking her dark curls from under the strap. After a few moments she looks back up at me and I study her eyes for a few moments. She softly smiles at me and I reach up to brush a curl out of her eyes.

"Nothing, just asking," I lie. Truth is I'm worried about her. I'm worried that her forgetfulness lately is a sign that she might slip again. I'm worried about the meds she taking as well. It seems as soon as the doctor increased her dose, the memory problems started showing up. Maybe I'm making something out of nothing. But, now isn't the time to bring up this kind of stuff. It's Christmas eve and I just want to spend it with her.