35 • Always

[I uploaded chapter 34 & 35 at the same time,, in case you feel like you missed something in between]

Chapter 35 •

Cho-a ran a hand through her hair as she hurried. She was late for her lunch date with the boys, quickly making her way through the university's hallways. The cold air splashed against her skin generously. 

Sighing, she suddenly stopped in her tracks. She looked over the railing next to her, down to where she spotted the boys sitting on their usual table. Still outside, covered in thick jackets to keep everyone warm who needed it. 

Cho-a turned around, pressed her back against the pillar next to her, as she took a second to catch her breath. She closed her eyes when the world started spinning. Moving softly, in uncontrolled waves, the scenery wavered, smeared across her vision. 

Doyoung said it could take a few days to go away. He also said that she should rest longer - which Cho-a ignored. 

"Look who it is," Kyung-soon said in fake surprise. That girl had immaculate timing. 

"I missed you too," Cho-a replied sarcastically. 

She opened her eyes to find the girl standing just a few meters away from her. Alongside the rest of the world, she was swaying back and forth in Cho-a's dizziness. Knowing that she wouldn't just leave her alone, Cho-a decided to leave first. 

"Let's catch up some other time," she offered, voice breathy, and took a first, wobbly step away from her when she was stopped just a moment later. 

Kyung-soon grabbed her shoulder tightly to hold her in place. She sighed.
"Please tell me you aren't just annoying me because you like Jisung." 

Kyung-soon thought about it. "I also don't like your attitude," she noted. "You are irritating." 

"I see," Cho-a muttered before pushing the other one's hand off her. She took another step and then one more before the girl caught up with her, grabbing her wrist. 

"You always walk away like this," she said judgingly. 

"Do you want me to stay so you can insult me?" 

"I'm not insulting you," she retorted. 

At that, Cho-a let her head fall back, eyes stuck on the dirty-white ceiling above her.
"I will go now." 

"I have something to talk to you about," Kyung-soon interjected and held her tighter. 

"I don't, though." 

She clenched her jaw and stepped closer to Cho-a. Her voice got quieter yet more forceful. "I'm telling you to stay away from him. He is mine."

So it was about Jisung again.  

Cho-a shook her head dismissively, turned her wrist as she yanked it out of her grasp.
"He is not," was all she said, equally quietly but less invested. 

When she attempted yet again to walk away, she quickly heard the footsteps approaching her from behind. She inhaled deeply when she turned around to face her one last time. 

Turning, her vision suddenly got blurry, dizziness worse than before. She took a hasty step back, her head fell forward, eyes closing shut as she brought a hand up to her head. Her legs barely supported her body, her knees began to buckle. 

But when she stumbled back, she was suddenly stopped. One hand on her arm, the other on her hip, her back pressed against his chest. 

"Jisung," Kyung-soon exclaimed, smiling brightly at the boy that wasn't even looking at her.