Chapter two

Sean O'pry as the sweet, yet devilishly charming Kayden Reece

Chapter two
River

"What were you thinking yesterday, how the hell could you be so stupid. What do you have to say for yourself".

"I-"

"Getting yourself into detention, are you even listening to me".

"I-"

"You know what never mind, your grounded".

"What ma that's not fair you're not even going to let me explain".

"Nope".

"Dad". I whined to him pouting my lips, and he sighed as my mother glared at him daring him to protest against her.

"No comment". He muttered and I groaned throwing my hands in the air.

"This is ridiculous, I didn't even do anything". My mother scoffed folding her arms.

"So how'd you get detention". I shrugged, biting my lip.

"I was just sorta a bystander during a fight, but trust me there was nothing I could do even if I wanted to. I mean come on, me in a fight yeah right, one hit and I would have been knocked out cold". Kimberly came into the kitchen laughing as she pointed at me.

"Y..you ...ha in a fight.... oh god....sto...ppsssh it .... you're killing me". I rolled my eyes at her.

"It was not that funny, besides I could win in a fight if I wanted to-" I was cut off as my mother laughed before she quickly covered her mouth, but she gave up and let it all out. "What's so funny, I could if I wanted-".

"Oh god... honey stop, it's ok if you can't fight".

"I can". I whined and my father snickered but he quickly stopped as I sent him a glare. He cleared his throat adverting his eyes back to his newspaper.

"Shouldn't you two be getting to school". He muttered under his breath.

"Shouldn't you be at work". Kimberly snickered as our father sent her a glare, just as Luke came running into the kitchen.

"We're late, hurry up". He shouted as he snatched a piece of toast from our dad's hand and he grunted something under his breath before sighing as Luke ran out of the door. Kimberly laughed as she slapped his head on her way out. I followed behind her tapping his shoulder and he rolled his eyes.

"Damn kids".
---------------

The drive to school was quick, considering Luke basically broke every speed limit there was. He sighed contently to himself as we got out of the car with a few minutes to spare. I rolled my eyes as he marched quickly into school.

"Is it just me, or is he oddly all of a sudden excited about school". Kim scoffed waving a dismissive hand at Luke's retreating back.

"Don't let him fool you, he's crushing hardcore on his English teacher".

"No way".

"Yup, don't tell him I told you". She pointed a accusing finger at me before she popped her gum and walked away. I rolled my eyes as I made my way to my locker not really surprised to see Allie and Paul waiting there.

"Hey girly girl". I greeted her smiling as usual before I let my smile drop as I greeted Paul and he grunted his responds. Allie rolled her eyes at us before she just let it go.

"So how was it, did your mom freak". I shrugged opening my locker as I did.

"Kind of, I think I'm grounded but I'm not sure. She was to busy laughing in my face about me being in a fight to make it clear". Paul snickered, and I glared at him as I closed my locker, holding up my books. "Honestly is it that hard to believe I can win in a fight".