chapter fifteen

Just as Ginny left the song changed to 'Maneater' by Nelly Furtado, Leta squealed as she finished her drink. Hermione finished hers before Leta dragged her onto the dance floor, Blair, and Florence in hot pursuit. The drinks from earlier combined with the ones they had now made them all tipsy, everything was blurring together. The four of them stood close to one another dancing in the middle of the room, their backs were pressed together as they flipped their hair to the side singing 'SHE'S A MANEATER MAKE YOU WORK HARD MAKE YOU SPEND HARD MAKE YOU WANT ALL HER LOVE', boys around the room were all staring at them, Hermione leaned her head back on Leta's shoulder soaking in the atmosphere.

The four girls swapped places, Hermione now with Blair and Leta with Florence. Blair wrapped her hands around Hermione's neck bringing her closer, their faces inches from one another as they swayed to the beat of the music. Leta looked at the two of them and giggled "Well I guess they're getting on well", Florence laughed loudly before looking behind Leta's ear and seeing Dean, Ron, and Harry staring with dazed expressions.

"I think we have an audience L" Florence spun them so Leta could see their expression, she laughed into Florence's ear before pulling back, Leta looked behind Florence and saw Theo Nott staring intently at them. "And now we have an audience you might like'', Florence turned around and saw Theo staring at her with a lustful look in his eye. Leta leaned in "Go talk to him, go on I'll be fine. If I see your brother, I will keep him away". Florence looked at Leta silently saying thank you before walking over to her childhood crush.

Leta told Blair and Hermione she was going to get a drink, she glanced at the boys noticing they had all loosened up. She walked over to them, grabbing herself a drink along the way and cleared her throat when she reached them, "Do you guys wanna come dance with me, or are you gonna stand here like lemons the whole night!". None of them answered, they all just nodded. Harry, Ron, Dean and Neville followed Leta onto the dance floor, for a moment they all awkwardly stood there not knowing what to do when Leta laughed, she grabbed their hands one after the other and began forcing them to dance, soon enough they were all laughing spinning each other around dramatically.

Leta remembered she brought the camera, so she passed it to Dean who eyed it, Leta gestured for him to lean down, she spoke into his ear her lips grazing them, "Take the picture you're the tallest", Dean pulled away the same expression on his face as the night of the beach, he leaned back in "What perfume do you wear, I swear I can't get enough of it". Leta winked motioning for him to take the picture. He pulled the camera in front of them squeezing her into his side, his free hand snaking around her waist. The others all got in too, all with drunken smiles on their face, the photo came out and Dean slipped it into the camera case, so it didn't get damaged.

Dean gestured if Leta wanted a refill to which she nodded, Leta turned to Harry, Ron and Neville and carried on dancing. She grabbed Harry's hand and began dancing with him to 'Toxic' by Britney Spears. Harry was pretending to be Britney while Leta spun him around, they were laughing so much, Leta had to hunch over Harry's shoulder so she didn't fall.

Blair and Hermione walked over to the group smiling, Hermione lazily wrapped her arms around Harry and Ron pressing a kiss to both of their cheeks; at the same time Dean re-joined the group his hand ladened with drinks, he passed them to Ron and Hermione who were slightly leaning on one another, then to Leta and Harry. Blair came and stood next to Leta "Where's Flo?", Leta smiled before pointing at Florence and Theo who were very close to one another laughing,

Blair eyes widened, "You're joking, I bet she is loving that". Leta smiled "I am happy for her, but if you see Draco, I said we would keep him away from them", Blair nodded before she stared into the crowd, her eyes flickering with desire. "Would you excuse me, I have some unfinished business to attend to" Leta looked in the direction Blair was looking, a line appearing on her forehead before she nodded watching as Blair walked into the crowd.