Chapter 10: Before the show

-10 days later-

Jade's POV:

After that day not very much has happened between me and John. We've sneaked a kiss here and there whenever someones is near us. The looks the others shoot us when we made out in the doorway was unbelievable funny. Anyway, besides of that we haven't had anything. We were just friends. With certain benefits, but that only in front of others. We didn't even know why we've made that. It was just hilarious. Additionally, John had a few great shags in that time. I guess he became even more attractive for those bitches since he is 'taken'. I was glad for him. But his relationship between his aunt, Mimi, was still as bad as before. Luckily he persuaded her to give him his guitar back, which she has taken away, because John did something with his mother, so he could play at the fete and practice before that. John still hung out with his mum and I met her once. She is truly warmhearted and very nice.

He and his band, the Quarrymen, have practiced a lot in that time, because today is one of their first big concerts. I got introduced to the band members by John, shared companion with them in their band rehearsals and had a beer after. To be honest, John is the only one taking the band truly serious. He won't be in the topper most of the popper most with them, like they always said, but that wasn't important at all. They all loved Rock N Roll. We all became close friends pretty soon. Pete Shotton's girlfriend, Rose, has become my best friend in that time. She was the only female friend I have though. But she was really gorgeous. She had curly brown hair, which ended on the height of her shoulders, she loved Rock N Roll just like all of us. Pete had luck with that bird.

John, Pete, who is John's best friend and plays the washboard in the band, Rose and I were most of the time together just goofing around, skipping school and having fun in the town. We were really close. They knew that John and I weren't dating, but think that we two would be really cute together. I almost choked at that.

Other than them I hadn't much friends and didn't know many other people. Besides this one cute guy, probably two years younger than I, named Paul or something like that. He bumped into me on my way back home from school. -Yeah I went to school one day haha- He had a guitar on his back so I assume he plays as well. He was first a little bit too charming but then we both went to a cozy café. But after that I haven't seen him again. I don't even know his last name. But he thought that my accent was hilarious and now he wants to live in London as well. Cute little fellow.

Anyway, today is the big day. Everyone was really excited the last few days out of honesty and so was I. The clock read 10am. I've never been that early awake on a Saturday morning in my whole life. I took a quick shower and looked through my wardrobe to find the perfect outfit for this day. I have chosen a sexy midriff-baring top, a leather jacket above it, tight jeans, which ended above my waist and I wore my favorite pair of black boots. I looked into the mirror, a huge smile upon my lips. I made my hair into a pin-up-curl and did my make-up.

After I was finished I checked the clock again. Half past twelve. I grabbed me a sandwich and waited for John to arrive. He wanted to pick me up at one o'clock. Then we'd come together. We means Pete, Rose and the rest of the band. I jumped as I heard the knock on the door and ran towards it. As I opened the door and saw John my jaw dropped literally on the ground and so did John's.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK!!", was all I could bring out as I've seen John with his cute flannel shirt, his innocent look. He strapped his guitar on his back and his eyes moved from the top of my body to the toes, then he did the same again. "I'm totally overdressed.. I need to switch my clothes before we go. Wait here", I stuttered and ran up the stairs. "Aye Jade. let me join ya, alright?" I stopped moving and tilted my head into his direction. I thought a minute and gestured him, so he followed me, smirking. He laid down on my bed, hands crossed on his chest. His breath was calm as he looked up to me. "Are your parents working?" He asked. I replied with a simple nod and searched something casual for the garden fete. It was a festival for families, where I couldn't appear like the biggest slut. I finally found a nice blood-red dress. I was about to take my things off as I glanced at the reflection of my window to see how John stands up from my bed and goes toward me. He laid his hand on my shoulder and whispered in my hear. "Hav' I ever told ya that ya look like Brigitte Bardot? Only hotter.." His hot breath on my skin let me shiver. So I just stood there, half-naked and your best guy friend has just give you an unbelievable hot compliment. I looked at him and placed my index finger on his chest. He sling his hands around my back and pressed his lips on mine. That was the first not-public kiss we had since 10 days. I could feel how my stomach tingled. My mouth moved together with his. He grabbed my waist and carried us in my bed. Just like ten days ago.

But again we were interrupted as we were just starting to make out. Not by John this time. Neither by me. We heard a lot knock on the door. My eyes widened as I realized that we forgot about Pete and Rose.

"They can wait, Jade. C'mon" He stared at me with his notorious puppy eyes I start to hate, because they are so cute. I grabbed his arm to check his watch and shook my head. "No John, it's half past three."

"Who cares?"

"How about you and your bloody band? C'mon, John." I nearly yelled. I got my dress, fixed it with my hair and make-up. Luckily John got up as well and dragged my comb through his Elvis-like hair. "You're such a prick. Y'know that John, don't you?" He grinned at me and nodded. After probably ten minutes I finally could open the door for our friends. But before I could John grabbed my shoulder and looked at me seriously. The seriousness in his look kinda scared me. "Let's just pretend like nothing has 'appened, alright?" I nodded. "Yeah only friends, I know." A relieving smile developed upon his lips and I kissed his cheek, repeating the words I just said. Rose and especially Pete looked really annoyed as I openend the door. Poor them.. They had to wait in front of the door for 10 minutes.

"John, when ya want to fuck Jade then do it another time. This gig is important we can't be late." Pete said as he stomped in my house, straight to my kitchen to grab him a beer.

"Funny Shotton!" John said cheekily and run after his friend with an ironic fist. I blushed at first, but then couldn't help myself but chuckled, as I've seen them goofing around. Then I payed my attention to my best friend. She gave me a warm hug. "You look stunning today, Rose." "So do you, Jade." I invited her in and we followed John and Pete to the kitchen. We all had a beer and sit around at the table, talking a while.

"Already excited, boys?" I asked, sipping on my beer.

"Nah not really. What should 'appen? We've practiced a lot. The only thing, which can 'appen is that John forgets the text and we all know that this will 'appen." Pete grinned, taking a mouthful as well.

John laughed out loudly and mumbled a quiet "Fuck you!"

"Well I think it's just about time for us to go now. Ya have to be early, John and Pete." Rose exclaimed and we all agreed. They grabbed their instruments and together we went to the St. Peter's church, where the others have already waited for us. Fed up, because we were so late. Anyway, immediately as we were in public John wrapped his arm around my waist. Classic Lennon. Classic.

A/N:

Okay if you may have noticed that I try to make up the story a little bit historical correct. Only Jade and Rose are random characters. Anyway, tell me what you think about the story and that chapter through comments, votes, shares etc. Peace and love! ☮♡