Chapter 11:Garden Fete

Jade's POV:

The band members all greeted us and gave me a hug or a friendly kiss on the cheek. John would have glared at them all, when they kissed my cheek. I don't even know why he acted like he would be jealous. I'm not sure if it's part of the show or if he was really jealous. I shrugged at my thought and just pecked his lips as everyone was watching us, so they realized that I belong 'all to John'. I came used to acting this crappy teenager-girl in love. John grabbed his guitar and started tuning it, meanwhile Colin were preparing his drum kit. The others were all busy with their instruments. Well, almost everybody. Pete had his hands all over Rose, who sat on his lap. "Oh Rose, 'av I ever told ya, that you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met? Yer deep blue eyes 'av stolen me heart ever since I've first looked at the' and yer..." I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Anyone here want a beer?" I shouted, so the two lovebirds would be interrupted. John and a few others raised their hand, only Rose and Pete were still making out. Sorry for saying that to my best friends, but it was annoying. Rose was a beautiful girl and Pete was a really handsome lad. But I don't want a soft porn in front of me all of the time, y'know. I tapped on Rose's shoulder. She pulled away from her lover, to look at me. "Huh?" she said in a soft voice and giggled as she noticed Pete glancing at her. "Want to come with me to get a beer for the others before the show?" After a short moment she nodded and stand up from Pete's lap. I linked arms with her as we strolled through the garden of the cathedrale to get the beers.

"Oh gosh you two..." I said and rolled my eyes playfully? "Who?.. Oh ya mean me and Pete? What's with us?"

"You do not notice that? You're kidding aren't you?" my best friend looked at me strangely so I explained. "You're all over each other all of the time! That's not normal anymore"

"Well, we love each other. That's normal. But Jade, I mean look at John and ya?" - "What's with us?" I exclaimed immediatlely. "You do know that this is all just a bloody joke, do you?" Her lips curve into a cheeky smirk and I just knew that didn't mean something good. I knew my friend too well. "I know, I know. But I don't think I'd kiss me 'fake' boyfriend that much." - "That doesn't have to mean anything." I stuttered. "And the way you two look at each other? The way you act around him. You might not notice it, but when you don't look at him, he always glances over at you. And I think we both know you do the same.", her smirk grew even wider. "Ah lay off" The fact that John looks at me when I don't notice it sort of fascinated me in a strange way. I do not want something from John, or that's at least the thing I'm telling myself. He wouldn't want me either in any way. So why trying?

I lit me a ciggie, so my mind could wonder off and focus on the most important thing at the moment. The alcohol and the gig. I puffed the smoke out of my lungs and looked up at the sky. It was warm and the sky was blue. Just beautiful. I just started to be sunk in my mind as a boy jumped in me. I knew him. It was Ivan Vaughan, a friend of John. "Oh hey Jade!" he exclaimed and hugged me. "Rose, beautiful." He said as he hugged my best friend, which caused us to giggle. "Aye, Ivan watch yerself. I'm taken." - "We ALL know that." me and Ivan both said at the same time. "Anyway, you came to see the boys perform, right?" he gave me a nod. "Why aren't ya with yer boyfriends right now? John probably starts to get jealous, Jade." I rolled my eyes and made my way to a kiosk near the church, the others following closely. "We just wanted to grab a beer." I said as I paid for a six-pack beer. I thanked the cashier and we three made our way to our mates again.

Oh and just for your information. That wasn't the last time we had to get beer. I think we went to that kiosk at least 3 times and always came back with one beer. We weren't really drunk but our mood became constantly and the bands confidence became constantly better with every slip they took. It was their first performance in front of an actual crowd. I could tell they had a major stage fright.

The band has done a great job. John was outstanding! You could see that he was doing the thing he loves the most. He had so much fun playing a little Elvis there on the back of a lorry. Rather strange form of a stage, isn't it? Rose, Ivan and I were so proud of our frineds. Their music was good and the practice finally got it's attention. This day might change everything. I had a odd feeling that this could happen. They weren't the only attraction at the garden fete, but probably the most exciting thing in that rather sleepy district of Liverpool. It was true, besides of John's friend it seemed like only boring people would live here. Looks like my first impression of Liverpool wasn't even that wrong. Anyway, there were hoop-la games, cake and craft stalls and the traditional crowning of the Rose Queen. Kinda hoped that Rose would win the Rose Queen competition. Would be ironic, wouldn't it?

But back to the concert. I think we all were amazed how great they were. Especially by John, like I said. It was his thing. It was not long after that I switched my attention to the crowd. A hand full teens our age sincerely enjoyed the music. I was happy that the Quarrymen actually fascinate people like us. They've done marvelous. Can't say it enough. Or maybe it's just the little alcohol in my blood, which let me think that. I really didn't drink that much. Suddenly I stopped as I've seen a familiar chubby face listening to the music. No, he didn't listen at all. He was loving the music. I nudged Rose and Ivan and pointed at him. "Do you see that fellow? I think I know him.. What's his name again...? Urm?" -"That's Paul McCartney!", Ivan nearly yelled. "How do ya know.?" -"He goes to my school. He's 15, like me. So a bit younger then ya. Let's go to him."

"Oh the band? They're great, honestly! I like the guitarist. The one with the red shirt. He seems like a good leader. A bad guy - Oh hello Jade! How are ya, beautiful?" - "You actually remember me?" - "How could I forget such a beautiful bird like ya?" He smiled and Rose gave me the smirk she just has given me as she talked about me and John. So I know what that smirk was supposed to mean. I just blushed and shrugged. "Yeah the guitarist honestly is great. John is his name." I said glancing up at John who returned a wink. "He must like ya, doesn't he?" Paul responded. My cheeks flushed pinkish again as I nodded. "Anyway, notice that he isn't even singing the lyrics? He's just making up his own words. And it is good! Wow that John fellow is cool." he said. Ivan thought for a while. "Hey the guitar ya've got there" he said pointing to Paul's guitar strap which he sling over his back. Paul gave him a nod. "How about I'll introduce you to John? He is going to love ya."

A/N:

Completely sorry for the lack of updates but I've been focusing a lot on guitar and school at the moment so I've got hardly time for wattpad. I don't think that I'm going to post more regulary but i try. Also sorry for that rather really short and boring chapter. Seems like I'm going out of good ideas haha. ANYWAY, any suggestions, criticize, compliments or child births (what? XD) would be gladly appreciated. I'd love you forever if you vote, comment share or whatever. Okay sorry.