Part 7- Working Late

When you wake up, you hear the shower running. A few seconds later, it shuts off. You quickly close your eyes. Your bathroom is attached to your room, so he would have to walk through your room to get to the bathroom.

You hear him open the bathroom door. There is silence for a moment, then you hear Spencer walk through the room, and into the kitchen. You hear that he started some coffee, it smells great. You decide to get out of bed and head to the bathroom. It smells like him.

After brushing your teeth and washing your face, you fix your hair and put on some lip gloss and mascara, then go get dressed. You look in your closet and you can't decide what to wear. You decide on your green dress and brown combat boots.

As you walk outside, you see Spencer examining your books. He smiles to himself as he looks at them.

"What are you smiling about?" You questioned.

"I just knew that you were into romance books." He teased.

"In my defense, I'm also into murder books." You said as you walked over to the kitchen for coffee.

"I made coffee, I hope that's okay."

"Yeah, it's okay. Thank you." You laugh.

After grabbing your coffee, you go and stand next to Spencer. He was wearing the same outfit he had on yesterday.

"Sorry that I asked you to stay, you didn't have to."

"I know, but I wanted to." He says with a smile. You look away, trying to hide the redness in your face.

"Let me grab my stuff and we can head out, okay?" He nods and you go to grab your things. After locking you apartment door, you and Spencer head down to his car. Once in his car, you notice him staring at you. You give him a puzzled look when he notices you looking at him.

"I just was thinking... you look really nice today." He mutters. You smile to yourself and buckle up.

——————————————————————————

Spencer pulls into a parking lot at the school and you begin to grab your things.

"Hey, I still need someone to take me to my car this afternoon." You mention.

"I'll take you when the school day ends, it's a date." He teases. "Let me walk you in."

"It's okay, thank you though." You go to get out of the car, but stop yourself. You turn to Spencer and kiss him. You don't know why you did it, but you felt like you had to.

You can feel him smile while you kiss. Once you pull away, you hurry out of the car, not letting him say anything.

Turning you classroom lights on, you head to your desk and check your emails. About 30 minutes later, you hear a knock on the door. You open the door, and see JJ standing with Henry.

"Hey guys!" You say enthusiastically.

"Hey y/n, how are you?" JJ asks.

"Oh, you know, tired as always. You?" You ask as Henry goes to put his backpack down.

"Same, we didn't get off the case till about 11:30, and when I got home, me and Will talked about it for a couple hours." She said solemnly. You think back to what Spencer told you about the case. He said that it was always hard on JJ when they involved children. "What kept you up?" She asks, changing the subject off of her and onto you.

You blush, trying not to think about Spencer. "I couldn't sleep so I decided to read a book." You said, not going into detail about how you went to a bookstore and found Spencer and talked for hours.